okay first of all im doing a summer program with the city and it basically requires me to take care of kids. my superviser asked what kinda skills i have and i said im into music so she said i can be in charge of that. kids range from 7-14 years of age. im bringing my acoustic for now. but other then that, what would keep these kids interested. what are some activities that i could do?

I thought of having them make there own instruments from household items but they dont sound that great.... i have no idea if the 14 year olds will think its dumb or anything.

so basically i need help in having making a lesson plan. please im in desprate help!
Orgy?

Hmmm, well do you have a lake or something to go canoing in? You've also got to get a fire sing songs and roast marshmallows.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
You could get each kid to make up a drum beat, and have contests the the kids judge.
thank you dylpikle for a actual GOOD response. please keep them coming i will take note of each comment
recite some lovely verses from the bible...

...jk...

Maybe, like fireandflames said, just bring some kind of games.... that should do.

or just bring some footballs or something and just let them play outside all day, then you can just sit inside and play your guitar. ...
O O

___
Last edited by TheBax at May 28, 2008,
have them all do some percussion from some household items and stuffs while you play youre guitar to some songs.
maybe even write a song with them?
sorry this is totally off topic but what is that avatar i keep seeing that dylpikle9 and floppypick have?
teach them all to play a different instrument and have a humongous jam session
Quote by metaldud536
12pm- Pokemon Battle
1pm- Yu-Gi-Oh duel, loser gets sent to Shadow Realm
12am- Flirt with 14 year old girls?
1am- Profit!!!
Or you could get the kids to dress up as Pokemon and make them fight to the death.
Quote by metaldud536
12pm- Pokemon Battle
1pm- Yu-Gi-Oh duel, loser gets sent to Shadow Realm
12am- Flirt with 14 year old girls?
1am- Profit!!!

LAWLZZZZ!!!.

Edit:
Quote by freedoms_stain
Or you could get the kids to dress up as Pokemon and make them fight to the death.

Lawlz as well

you could have them analyze their favorite song and get them to bring it in and explain it to the group.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by dean.guitar.man
get them to see who can drink the most chloroform and that will keep them quiet

YES SIGGED! You're the first haha

umm, you could get them to do some sort of painting or drawing
If you have to keep it music related, just teach them things about rock legends and stuff, then play some of the songs. Try to get them involved, maybe have them make some makeshift drums and have them make a song with those or something.
Quote by WaggyPlank
so yeah, now i have poop floating around in my ballsack.
Quote by SlowTrain
sorry this is totally off topic but what is that avatar i keep seeing that dylpikle9 and floppypick have?

"i have cancer" thread...

or in fireandflames' avatar, it's says Nick Grundy at the top.
O O

___
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
LAWLZZZZ!!!.

Edit:

Lawlz as well

you could have them analyze their favorite song and get them to bring it in and explain it to the group.

I always wished that was an assignment for one of my classes. To be able to discuss songs.
Quote by FireandFlames
How to cook crack on a spoon.

but seriously, bring an Xbox or something and play games all day long.

i would do that but im in charge of the music station.. same for dodgeball, but thanks for those suggestions

Anonymouslyours and samick007 i really like you suggestions. i could probably put them together..

keep them coming you guys are helping me have a successful first job for the summer
Quote by metaldud536
I always wished that was an assignment for one of my classes. To be able to discuss songs.

actually at my school there is a class called music appreciation and that is what we do if you take that class. its sort of a music theory class to.

you discuss what the music means to you, and what speaks to you the most and the writing styles etc.
sometimes you draw a picture and others you even get to finger paint!!!!!!

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
Quote by mohawkkidJohn
actually at my school there is a class called music appreciation and that is what we do if you take that class. its sort of a music theory class to.

you discuss what the music means to you, and what speaks to you the most and the writing styles etc.
sometimes you draw a picture and others you even get to finger paint!!!!!!

I took music appreciation in my first semester of college. Nothing like you just described it. We learned about the earliest forms of music, music from certain time periods and atonal music and Jazz. Then I did a presentation on the classical guitar. W00t.
/\
i think mine is more full of win tho

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
yeah.
im 13.
i think just messing around with pots n pans with a guy rockin out an acoustic would be pretty damn fun.
DUDE! split them up into groups of four, each group with ranging age members, and have them start a band! if you have gear bring it or ask a friend to borrow it for the week. seriously.
then have a battle of the bands. see who can write the best songs.. or just buy a squier and let them trash it.

orrrr, hannah montana.
haha, i got an idea tell me if you guys think its good or not, be honest (think in the mind of a kid would actually )

k maybe i could start from the beginning of time when cavemen were around, then move up the timeline but the thing is i dont know the timeline of music, maybe i can find it somewhere??

OR

each week go through a genre of music. talk about it then hopefully play something cool at the end of the week? what you guys think?
Break dance!
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by krazydrummer
haha, i got an idea tell me if you guys think its good or not, be honest (think in the mind of a kid would actually )

k maybe i could start from the beginning of time when cavemen were around, then move up the timeline but the thing is i dont know the timeline of music, maybe i can find it somewhere??

OR

each week go through a genre of music. talk about it then hopefully play something cool at the end of the week? what you guys think?

i think the 2nd 1 is good

or teach them to dance like HxC kids and just kill them

Quote by InvaderTSN
Quote by Irnmaiden4life

Do that

It'll expand your horizons as a musician too
Quote by dylpikle9
Do that

It'll expand your horizons as a musician too

true. well thank you everyone for your suggestions i will hopefully get to use each one.

again thank you for the great suggestions

/thread
play Hannah Montana, they will worship you as a god. And they even sell a Hannah Montana acoustic guitar at wal mart that you could use, so you dont have to burn yours for being "unclean".

Seriously, my brother is 8 and he is amazed if you can strum all the strings at once. Then if you play an actual chord...
14y/o's will be less impressed by this unfortunately, so try to get a drum for them to try and learn rhythm on, or more than one if possible. Like those african djembe drums. or just old buckets you can steal out of recycling bins. whichever is cheapest. or a real drum you can borrow from a drummer friend with a pair of drum sticks. or something...
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Do something fun, bring boxing gloves.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by krazydrummer
keep them coming

You answered your own question.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Teach them how to pogo and skank.

I think you have to separate them into age groups. Make the oldest ones listen to new music and talk about it because they'll be more interested. The younger ones can play with buckets and make rhythms and whatnot.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?