I'm interested in what you guys would recommend to me for a new amp.
Things I'd require:
TUBE
2 Channels
About 1000$
Not hard to find in Canada.

I play Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, John Petrucci, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, and Paul Gilbert type stuff.

I'd like something that can get close enough to John Petrucci, Steve Vai and Satriani's general tone.
Good clean tone would be nice.

Thanks!
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
Since your in Canada try to find traynors, theres the ycv 80 its a 212 and you can usually find them used in long and mcquade or if your going head traynore ycs 100 but it is three channels.

EDIT: after i reread your post if you want to sound like vai the carvin legacy (his sig amp) is in you price range.
Last edited by EscapingAnxiety at May 28, 2008,
Quote by FireandFlames
Carvin V3?

I was thinking about that.
How are the cleans and the distortion in those?
Quote by tarlkea
I was thinking about that.
How are the cleans and the distortion in those?

They sound great clean, and the distortion from what I've heard from others can be compared to a Recto. You could Youtube some sound clips.
Quote by FireandFlames
They sound great clean, and the distortion from what I've heard from others can be compared to a Recto. You could Youtube some sound clips.

I think this may be a little bit difficult to find in canada (but i'll look for a bit), any other suggestions?
Quote by tarlkea
I think this may be a little bit difficult to find in canada (but i'll look for a bit), any other suggestions?

go on carvin's web site and you can order directly from them with savings. I too live in canada and they are a hard find but when i went to there site, i was amazed at how good the prices were, both guitar and amp. Also,on their site you can sign up get your free catalogue and a free DVD featuing joe walsh,steve vai and other carvin players. Good luck , and if you do purchase from them, post how your experience was. Just something i noticed, musicians friend does not carry carvin,everything but carvin.
Carvin is factory direct or after-market. They don't setup dealers of any kind. You get it directly from them, used, or not at all. I do believe they ship to Canada.

I like EscapingAnxiety's suggestion though. Traynors are so under-rated, and are excellent all around tube amps. Diamond in the rough, yo!