soo, is this a good brand or bad???? I just bought the new underoath cd and in the video they zoom into the guitar that one of the guitarrist is using and its a fist act. so I check in first act's website and there are a bunch of people who use them. I always thought that they were considered to be the worst...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Their guitarist got endorsed by them for the lulz i presume.
Quote by brandooon
Buy both pickups. Rub icyhot on both of them. Sandwich your penis between them and walk to the nearest homeless shelter with your brand new icyhot penis sandwich.
It's only in the video that they use that. They don't even really play in music videos.

My friend had a starter FirstAct for about a year, and we eventually turned the thing into firewood at a bonfire.
Quote by FireandFlames
It's only in the video that they use that. They don't even really play in music videos.

My friend had a starter FirstAct for about a year, and we eventually turned the thing into firewood at a bonfire.

this is a live vidoe...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Quote by fifer
this is a live vidoe...

Well, I suppose the customs are a bit better quality than the starter pack ones.
Pfft, I didn't realize so many guitarists were broke. I mean seriously, how much money are they throwing at them?
-limefan913

Quote by Chad48309
Quote by The_lizard_king
Originally Posted by The_lizard_king
It really does relieve stress. I was pissed off for a week because I didn't jerk off, so if you quit it you will go mad.
I don't think that's the correct use of the phrase "going mad."
Quote by limefan913
Pfft, I didn't realize so many guitarists were broke. I mean seriously, how much money are they throwing at them?

First Act makes fully US-Made custom guitars that I'd definitely take over a Gibson or Fender custom shop guitar any day of the week.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by limefan913

not much these days man.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by FacingUsAll
First Act makes fully US-Made custom guitars that I'd definitely take over a Gibson or Fender custom shop guitar any day of the week.

wow, atleast I learned something today then....I had never heard that.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
just because is made in the us dosent mean is the shyt. i'll pick a japanese custom esp or strat over usa fender anyday.
Quote by kckyle
just because is made in the us dosent mean is the shyt. i'll pick a japanese custom esp or strat over usa fender anyday.

I was just explaining that their custom guitars are made in the US and not in whatever-asian-country-sweatshop that their beginner garbage guitars are made in.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
There are the bottom of the barrel walmart special first act = crap. And there are the 1500 plus ones. Never played one as never seen a custom one in a shop or a lefthanded one. They also make amps cheap ones and expensive ones. Think of it this way marshall sells low priced junk, MG amps. And they sell the high dollar tube stuff everybody wants.
ok, I see. thanks.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
Dallas Green also has his own custom First Act that he played at the MMVA's live. I believe he had it custom made for him without any endorsements either. First Act's high end stuff is really good.
GEAR:
Vantage Ghost Gibson "The Paul" copy
Fender FM-100H half-stack
Regal vintage 30W class A amp head (handcrafted in Montreal)