Alright. I'm going to be getting a new bass soon, I've decided on a Fender Jazz. At first, I was going to get the Standard, but then it occured to be that the Highway 1 Jazz basses are only around 400 dollars more than the Standard, so, is it worth the extra money? What makes it better? Thank you.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Highway ones have a better tone control, they also have Bad ass II bridges which rock, the sustain is godly. Also graphite reinforced necks help make the bass awesome aswell, just get one they rock.
Listen to what he said, but I have to mention the overall construction as well. First off, they're finished with nitrocellulose paint, so the wood affects the tone more and more as the bass ages naturally. Also, it uses (mostly) mexican parts, but it's made in america. The overall quality is noticably better, and it's definitely worth the price.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Also, it uses (mostly) mexican parts.

prove it, or quit saying it!
they are American made parts. the Hwy 1's are built in Corona, CA. USA.
Think about this, if you're going to be just spending that extra $400 on a Highway, an American is only $200- 400 more than that. If you're going to go big, why not go all the way?
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
prove it, or quit saying it!
they are American made parts, built in Corona, CA. USA.

Why wouldn't it be exactly the same as a MIA then with a nitro paint job, thus costing more? They have a reason to keep the price lower than the real MIA basses, and that is that they use the same parts and bodies of the Mexican basses, just constructed in America.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
Quote by Your41Plague12
Why wouldn't it be exactly the same as a MIA then with a nitro paint job, thus costing more? They have a reason to keep the price lower than the real MIA basses, and that is that they use the same parts and bodies of the Mexican basses, just constructed in America.

MIM's are american parts, assembled in Mexico. and the Hwy's have a Satin finish. thats alot less paint than MIA's, but there is nothing MIM, about the Hwy 1.

Edit: i removed the p-guard on my Hwy 1 Jazz, try that on a MIM, and see the big hole for the CMM(computer milling machine). mine has no CMM hole.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at May 28, 2008,
Alright. Thanks. Sounds like it's definitely worth the extra money

Quote by BlueShox
Think about this, if you're going to be just spending that extra $400 on a Highway, an American is only $200- 400 more than that. If you're going to go big, why not go all the way?

I also thought about this, but I'm not sure I want to spend 1200 on a new bass. It's not out of my range, but some friends have told me the difference between the Highway 1 and American Standards isn't very noticable.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic