Hey guys, i wonder if anyone can help me, i play lead in my band but i really need to get a new amp, my old one is really on the brink of kickin it. I play an Ibanez S470 deluxe and i'm looking for a good sound for a lead guitar, if possible i'm looking for the kind of guitar sound you hear from Metallica, Megadeth and Testament. Hope that gives you an idea of the kinda sound i'm looking for.

I'd be happy to replace my stock pick-ups, and my amp when i get the money. I don't really know much about amps and that, the only thing i have in mind at the moment is a Randall amp, but i'm not really sure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for any help.
sorry forgot to mention that. i get paid £500 a month. so after a couple of months i could afford a decent amp i think, however i wouldn't really want to have to go a whole month without spending any money so if it's cheaper that's cool, but just suggest whatever you think would be good and i'll work the money side out myself.
Quote by The_Rooster
Buy a marshall JCM 800 used off ebay........ then put duct tape on it.

Marshall JCM800... nails the thrash tone
megadeth is pretty marshally... metallica is marshall for the early stuff, mesa for the later...testament is both mesas and marshalls.

i'd be inclined to go for something in-between... engl blackmore would be worth a look (as would a savage if you have more money), brunetti xlr-evo would be nice too. you do have a load of options, though.

really depends how much money you can save, but if you're getting £500 a month, unless you have other more pressing expenses, it doesn't make much sense to buy something which might not do the job only to have to buy something which will later...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
If you're more towards the Marshally end of things, JCM 800, maybe a 900, or a Laney AOR 50 or 100.

If you want the more modern sound, listen to Dave
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
blackmore doesn't sound all that modern, to me anyway. obviously others may disagree, of course.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well, by more modern, I meant, less all-out-marshally.

I'm good at this explaining lark, me.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
me too.

but yeah, agreed. the blackmore is kinda like engl's take on a marshall, it's not, as you said, like a clone of one- it still sounds unmistakeably "engl" too.

though as i said, considering the tones he's after, that could arguably be a bonus, since some of those bands used mesas as well...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?