So I picked up this numbered, full sized, picture vinyl of Job for a Cowboy's Genesis Album. I was wondering if it would increase or destroy the value if I had it signed by the entire band. Would it destroy it's playability? Anyone know? Should this be in a different section?
Quote by kossner
Metal Forum?

No way, I'm positive he would get owned there. Same for the Hardcore fourm.... There really is no place you can talk about JfaC without getting flamed.
Quote by fob12
Him -"Hey, give me a high five!"
Her -"hahaha why? *high fives*"
Him - "Because I just dumped you for the lulz!"
Her -"... what?"
Him -"*runs away*"

Quote by Lefty7Stringer
killswitch engage has some dissonant riffs, they're kind grindcore tho

Quote by bakshandloomis
No way, I'm positive he would get owned there. Same for the Hardcore fourm.... There really is no place you can talk about JfaC without getting flamed.

lawl. yeah that band is pretty bad. I would have them sign the album jacket, not the record itself.

and kudos to you my friend! not too many vinyl users/owners anymore.
...because the last thing the world needs is another metal guitarist.

Me.

My band.

I like Fall Out Boy. I don't like you.
LOL

Vinyls are for music that doesn't blow ass.
Now it's 1984
Knock knock at your front door
It's the suede denim secret police
They have come for your un-cool niece
Wait a sec, a picture vinyl as in you got it in a plastic see-through sleeve with album art/band picture on the actual vinyl?

If that's what you mean, those actually are worth a lot more than the standard black vinyls, obviously, unless that was the only form of it in production. If so, just get the plastic signed, preferably in a contrasting color to most of the colors on the vinyl, just so you don't have to take it out of the case to show people the signatures.

And congrats on this purchase, too. You're probably lucky to get one. Do you have a record player to play it on? I've got that kind of vinyl, too. The only bad part is it was my mom's, from like 20 years ago. And it's Wham!.

At least "Wake Me Up (Before You Go-Go)" is catchy...

A
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Thanks. It was quite a find I do say. Expensive too! $25! I had to have though. If and when I get it signed I can show my kids someday and tell them about how I was once cool. then they will blow me off and play their virtual reality games and do six string sweeps... all by age 9.

that is what I mean. Idk if they made others. It was numbered. 432 out of 2000. So it's cool I think.
I think havinf Job for a cowboy labelled on it would destroy the value.

Signing=awesomez for any vinyl though,I have a signed Clapton one
Well, assuming that there were more than 2000 total vinyls made (including the limited edition ones), then you've got yourself a collectors item, therefore a signing would increase the value a whole hell of a lot.

Mine isn't numbered, sadly, but I do believe that picture vinyls have a noticable surface noise (white noise, basically) when you play them, added to the black vinyl white noise.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs