I'm not too sure if i'm posting this in the right forum, but whatever...

...i've been playing for 2 years, so i'm technically still a novice, but, and you'll have to take my word on this, i'm a pretty damned good novice.

That being said, let me make another point. I lovelovelove Joe Satriani and i really would love to learn some of his stuff. Not the incredibly advanced sweep sections or whammy bar shenanigans he pulls, but just some basic riffs.

Now, i know he's done like...what is it? 7 albums? So i really don't feel like rooting around the tabs section. Anyone have any suggestions for some "satch for beginners?"
Gee-arr:

ESP LTD Viper 400
Line 6 Spider 75W
Digitech RP350
satch boogie is probably my favourite riff that i've heard from him
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
Playing his rhythm parts is a good starter. Got to start somewhere.
Looking for my India/Django.
I second Satch Boogie. Killer riff, awesome licks, just a fun song to play. It was the first hard song I learned all the way through and helped me improve almost all aspects of my playing.
Do not concentrate on the finger for you will miss all the heavenly glory.
Love thing is great. Always With Me Always With You is a great song, and pretty easy and fun to play. Surfing with the Alien is a bit harder but it's way fun.
Midnight, it's all two hand tapping and easy as hell.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
Learn Starry Night, it's great, and I've learned it.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Learn the intro riff to Raspberry Jam Delta V (from the Crystal Planet album). That will be a good test for your legato...and its a fantastic riff!