My crybaby squeaks (as in physically, the unit squeaks, unplugged), it's coming from the front part of the unit. Can I put some generic mechanical oil in there or would that screw up the electronics? What about WD40? Or do I need some special lube?
Mine's doing this too, actually. I'm thinking of just throwing some grease in there, but I would also like a "qualified" response...
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
WD-40 or duct tape those solve all the worlds problems. "If you cant duct it fushk it"
Quote by The_Rooster
WD-40 or duct tape those solve all the worlds problems. "If you cant duct it fushk it"

I really don't see how duct tape would do anything productive. The reason I'm asking is I want to know that what I'm doing won't irreversibly damage my crybaby.
The part I circled is most likely where the squeaking is coming from. WD40 should do the job, at least for a bit.
Quote by GoodGod
I really don't see how duct tape would do anything productive. The reason I'm asking is I want to know that what I'm doing won't irreversibly damage my crybaby.

I never said duct tape would help YOUR problem. I just had to mention that if WD-40 or duct tape cant solve a problem. It was never a problem to begin with.
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
The part I circled is most likely where the squeaking is coming from. WD40 should do the job, at least for a bit.

I'm fairly sure it's coming from this bit:

Would it be safe to put any sort of generic lube in there?
Shoot the axle with WD40 first. The gears are already lubed up, that's what that white stuff is, it's lithium grease. And I doubt the pot is squeaky.
always be sure to lube up!
He's a freak of nature, but we love him so.

Quote by John Frusciante
Music isn't the Olympics. It's not about showing other people what you can do with a piece of wood in your hands that has strings on, it's about making sounds that are good.