Hey, i was just wondering if any of u guys have tips u could share with me to help me tommorow while i play at our school talent show. we are playing sweet home alabama and the solo has got me nervous. ANY TIPS?
i'm playing in a talent show tomorrow too!
my band is playing an original.
don't screw up lol your in front of 500 highschool students...they notice everything.
Mic Check
or just overall sound check
trust me, it happened to me, a song without vocals is boring
My Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Elitist Paul Mccartney Texan
Orange Tiny Terror
Vox Valvetronix AD 30
Vox V847 Wah
Metal Muff EQ (broken )
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal

Me playing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0unpDZFIWA
if you mess up, just keep goin on and show that your havin fun, it looks stupid when your just up their playin, but just standin there
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by reaume140

don't screw up lol your in front of 500 highschool students...they notice everything.

Haha, that'll make him feel great I'm sure...not exactly what I'd call advice though.
Do the imagine everybody naked thing. I don't know how it could possibly help, but it is fun.

Also, just run over it a couple times before the show. Work out the kinks, or try your best to imitate them.
Quote by Soul-Monger
Do the imagine everybody naked thing. I don't know how it could possibly help, but it is fun.

Also, just run over it a couple times before the show. Work out the kinks, or try your best to imitate them.

the whole naked thing never worked for me, i never really got it
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Haha, my band played Sweet Home at our talent show a few years back and won all categories, meaning the winner AND the loser categories lol! Anyway, it depends if you're playing what Ed King played on the CD. Interesting story about the longer solo in the middle of the song: Ed King dreamed it! No ****, he dreamed it and then woke up and fricken' played it! Anyway, if you're improvising, three words: D major pentatonic! Minor works too, along with G major and minor pentatonic. If you're playing whats on the CD, then good luck man. The first little solo seems easy, but timing that can be a bitch!