So I'm going to New York over the summer for about a week in July. I already know I'm going to visit Strawberry Fields Memorial by Central Park (I think it was Central Park), but what are some other cool/intersting places I should visit?
golden gate :P...nah the statue of liberty, chrysler building (however is spelled) empire state, the zoo etc...

there's a lot of stuff there...well i've never been there but i watch lot's of movies lol.

EDIT:i know golden gate is in San Francisco
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by blackflag49
bryant park, which is right next to the giant public library, and a couple blocks from times square. in times square, you could go to madame tussaud's wax museum, which is pretty cool. that whole surrounding area has a lot of broadway shows. you could walk from there to rockefeller center, basically across town. it's a long way, but you see all these cool places along the way. rockefeller center, there's the ice rink, there's nbc studios. you could see conan o'brien.

that's midtown, you could also go see the museum of natural history on the upper west side, or way downtown, see the statue of liberty, ellis island museum, etc.
Thanks, so basically just go walking around Time Square?

Oh, and I think my dad has a picture somewhere that he took on top of one of the twin towers (when they were still up). He said because there was little wind, they let the tour group or whatever go onto the roof.
ok if your going to be in the city, and a musician, you have to check these out:

-48th street--there are these crazy expensive guitar shops, etc with the nices instuments-check out Mannys and Rudys

-If your comin here for the first time, you have an obligation too see the usuals-Empire state building, Times Square, statue of liberty, central park, rtc

-definatley go to ground zero

-If you get a nice day check out canal street in chinatown-its an experience in itself, and its right on the border of little italy--go to eat at Angelos

hope this helps-theres probably a million other things i could tell you if i knew what you were looking for
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Def visit china town...and dont go to a broadway show, made that mistake once.

EDIT: Visit china town after the more important tourist attractions
Bodies exhibit at South Street Seaport.

Other than that, I've always found Manhattan to be bo-ring.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
Bodies exhibit at South Street Seaport.

Other than that, I've always found Manhattan to be bo-ring.

def try to see this, i went in feb and it was amazing
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Strat
Taylor 214ce
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (about to be Voodoo Modded)
Keeley TS-808
Boss GT-10 Processor
Boss RC-20xl
Quote by Gerald The Mous
So I'm going to New York over the summer for about a week in July. I already know I'm going to visit Strawberry Fields Memorial by Central Park (I think it was Central Park), but what are some other cool/intersting places I should visit?

I'mn going to NY in Sept as well!

Quote by Spoonman69
Rap is music,far better than metal for example. id much rather hear about hoes and anal sex than dragons and supressed homosexuality.
Brooklyn Banks! ( Under the Brooklyn Bridge on the Manhattan side )

Only if you skate though.
MOMA and Guggenheim are worth a visit
Rockafeller and Empire State are cool
Ellis Island is boring, avoid like the plague
Times Square is amazing, make sure you go to the giant Toys R Us and go on the ferris wheel.
Wall Street is nice
Quote by its_alive
rich_sg, I promote you to Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. of the Pit. way to speak your opinion.

Quote by ErnieBallfists
RICH_SG you are a filthy person for accusing me of dirty trolling , you are a stiff coconut
Living in NJ, I am able (and do) go to NYC all the time.

First off, definitely ground zero (twin towers spot) is a place to visit. It's a very touching place.

The Empire state building, statue of liberty, they're cool, but meh, still sight seeing. If you want to see what NYC is like, visit China Town, and just walk around busy parts in the city.
Quote by CorvetteRick
The huge beating heart inside the statue of liberty?

Maybe that was gta4... oh well probably there in real life too

that sounds awesome.
SEX!

Now I have your attention, witness the awesomeness that is my sig

Quote by GuitarManDan15
win

Free Dean V To Loving Home