I recnetly got my Dean Razorback DB and I definatly need to put new pickups in it. They arent bad, but only sound good on single strings, aka. chords sound awful, like as if one string is slightly flat. But anyways what do you think of the dimebucker?

Link
Yes my name is Tom Petty.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
(crappy)RED Marshall Mg100hdfx Halfstack
Digitech Death Metal Pedal
Apparently it is absolutely horrible (according to everybody else)...
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
I think that A) The Dimebucker is horrendous and B) You need a new amp.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
this isnt a "comment on my amp" thread. I like my MG. And the reviews on there are bad. But everywhere else they give it 5 stars.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
I played a Dimebucker in a Razorback way back in the early fall and I enjoyed it well enough; there are better pickups though.
Quote by tommyp484
this isnt a "comment on my amp" thread. I like my MG. And the reviews on there are bad. But everywhere else they give it 5 stars.

maybe that is is the problem WHY your tone sucks with chords?
Quote by tommyp484

You're unhappy with your tone. Get a new amp.

Anyone who gave the MG half stack a big rating is just happy that they have something big with "Marshall" on it.

Reviews on the internet other than harmony-central.com are nigh worthless.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by tommyp484

If you change the pickups in your guitar you won't notice a damn thing through the MG, my practice-sized bass amp is more responsive to changes in tone than my MG was when I had it.

The biggest improvement you can make to your tone is to save up a lot of money and get a good amp so you will notice the real tone of your guitar then you can fine tune it by changing the pickups.

Amp = 90% of tone.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by Graveworm

maybe that is is the problem WHY your tone sucks with chords?

Well, it sounds good on my rg350dx

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484
Well, it sounds good on my rg350dx

Then I guess it is the pups on the Dean.

I would buy Blackouts, man.I hear a lot of good things about them but Dimebuckers sound good to my ear.
Quote by Graveworm
Then I guess it is the pups on the Dean.

I would buy Blackouts, man.I hear a lot of good things about them but Dimebuckers sound good to my ear.

well i checked my tuner and it said 410hz and it usually says 440hz. That fixed it. whats the hz though?

and it still needs the new pickups. And blackouts?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Quote by tommyp484
well i checked my tuner and it said 410hz and it usually says 440hz. That fixed it. whats the hz though?

Seymour duncan blackouts
Quote by Graveworm

I would buy Blackouts, man.

Well idk if I have enough room for the actives.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
also. How the damn hell do I change my pickups? do i use silver sauder?

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Your tone will be mostly affected by your amp if you don't like your sound, change your amp. If you still don't like it change your eq to suit the pickup.

The Dimebucker is great for shred IMO.
My Gear

Guitar
DEAN Razorback Shards
Wesley crappy cheap thing

Amps
Cheap Crappy Freedom Practice AMP 15watts
VOX AD50 Valtronix
Quote by tommyp484

Hz is the pitch that the string is ringing at, guitar standard tuning is with the a string tuned to 440hz, unless you're tuned properly to that pitch it won't sound right. I restate my previous words: unless you change your amp you will not hear the difference between one pickup set and another.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Changing pickups is going to have a negligable effect when playing through a low end amp. You should seriously consider upgrading, rather than spending money on pickups now which won't have much of an effect. Your amp makes up the majority of your tone.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by tommyp484

hahahahhahaha wtf?
Quote by tommyp484

It's called the calibration. You can adjust it to make you "sharper" or "flatter" if you have an instrument in your band that you need to tune to that can't easily change tunning (Aka - a piano).

I wouldn't recommend active pickups for a solid state amp, especially a crappy one like the MG.
Quote by utsapp89
Quote by Graveworm
BTW, you have a MG.

Personally,I like the Dimebuckers.

Oh, but it's a RED MG. So it's okay

Yeah man, definitely get a new amp before you consider a pickup upgrade. That's where most of your (bad) tone is gonna come from.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
Oh, but it's a RED MG. So it's okay

Yeah man, definitely get a new amp before you consider a pickup upgrade. That's where most of your (bad) tone is gonna come from.

WELL, I would feel ridiclous if i got another stack, so would a head be ok? Like a 6560 head with my marshall cab?

what about this?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPIII150HD
OR
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVVKING100
OR
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEV6505H

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D
Last edited by tommyp484 at May 29, 2008,
Bot the Valveking and the 6560 are great for metal and rock, but I'm not so sure about your Marshall cabinet. What kind of speakers are in it? (Do you have a model nr, so I can look it up for you?)

No experience with Line6 Spider stuff though.
ADA MP-1 fanatic!

Rig:
ADA MP-1 (stock)
TC Electronic G-Major
Marshall El84 20/20
Quote by tommyp484
WELL, I would feel ridiclous if i got another stack, so would a head be ok? Like a 6560 head with my marshall cab?

what about this?
http://www.zzounds.com/item--LINSPIII150HD
OR
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVVKING100
OR
http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEV6505H

That first one is a no-no. It wouldn't be much of an improvement at all over the MG. The VK is a good amp, but the 6505 beats it by a mile. The MG cab would do for now, but you're definitely gonna want to replace it with a higher quality one eventually.
Heads will roll. Throats will be slit. Blood will flow like springs of water.
Quote by mafropetee
That first one is a no-no. It wouldn't be much of an improvement at all over the MG. The VK is a good amp, but the 6505 beats it by a mile. The MG cab would do for now, but you're definitely gonna want to replace it with a higher quality one eventually.

HOLY HELL. I just got back from guitar center, I played a 6505+ w/ a tube screamer. OMG!! brutttaaallll tone. I regret getting my marshall sooo much now. Butt, i'll have that head by the end of the summer.

and my marshall have something like "celestion" (i think) speakers.

GEAR:
Ibanez RG350DX
Dean Razorback D