Here's a scenario: I'm 17. I go into a gas station to buy cigarettes (or alcohol). They find out I'm not 18 (or 21). What would the punishment be?

Also, if I'm 17 and attempt to buy cigars or cigarettes, do you think they would ask for I.D.?

Don't flame me.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
What will happen? THEY WILL TELL YOUR MUM AND YOU WILL GET A LASHING! Nothing. I work in a petrol station and I would bluntly say no ID no smokes.
REMEMBER REMEMBER THE 8TH OF NOVEMBER!! I SURVIVED 4CHAN'S INVASION!!
Uneeded Praising Section:
Quote by The_Hottest_Day
Why didnt you get cable-less mics?

Quote by Oldmonkeys
lol good call

Quote by Kensai
^
^ That was at me so yes it is praise.
Nothing. You say you don't have it on you and leave.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
if you actually get the alcohol, like with a fake ID or something, you can get a minor in possession charge. i think thats some community service, or a fine or something. if youre just trying to buy it and they catch you, probably nothing happens.

wikipedia provides:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minor_In_Possession
I have no opinion on this matter.
Last edited by Zugunruhe at May 29, 2008,
nothing will happen if u get caught, but u might get lucky and find a place that sells.
Just say you left your id at home. They cant do ****.

Go to a sketchy gas station instead of a big chain and you're alot more likely to get what you want.

Ive noticed that you're probally gonna get carded alot more frequently for alcohol than cigs. My friends 17 and hes bought plenty of cigs.
they'll probably ask for ID if you look like you could be underage. if your age is at all questionable, the person working there will ask for ID (if they are doing their job properly.)

how are you going to get caught buying them? if they sell them to you, obviously they believe you are the right age, so how would you get caught?

if you mean getting caught asking to buy them, they probably wont do anything. at least not for cigarettes. for alcohol there are different laws depending on what state you are in. im pretty sure here in PA you can get fined if you are caught trying to buy alcohol (and maybe cigs) when you are underage.

but most likely you will just be asked for ID, and when you dont show it, they'll just refuse the sale and you leave.
well, it they're dicks they call the cops and you get in trouble. They will definitely ask you for an ID and when you can't produce one that says you're of the legal age they'll probably just tell you to get out of the store.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
if you look like your 10 theyll card you
~ Purchase your tickets; I'm kicking your crosses down ~
Depending on where you live you could get the sales person in trouble, a guy working at a Rite Aid around here got arrested when he didn't I.D. a minor who tried to buy cigarettes. I don't know what happened to the kid though so I don't know what would happen to you, if you're just trying to buy cigarettes and are only a year underage you probably will just be told to leave.
I'm 21.

I ALWAYS get carded, even for smokes. But I also look young for my age.
Try a McLovin and see what happens!
Quote by Demon Wolf
Man, you even got the melody right. +1000000 points.

Quote by Night_Lights
^thats a brilliant call. *jots in notebook*
Quote by civildp1
well, it they're dicks they call the cops and you get in trouble.

is that likely at all?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
I guess if they tried to call the cops you could just make a run for it. It's not much of a big deal anyway, and you dont wanna stand there and waste time as the cop probably wont waste time going there.
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Quote by DiveRightIn63
is that likely at all?

No likelyhood whatsoever. It's seriously no big deal. Just say you don't have one if they ask, and leave. Simple.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
Quote by lordofthefood1
You get punched in the face and taken in by two cops going through a mid-life crisis.

Duh.

Dude I already said McLovin! You tryna steal my thunder huh?
Quote by Demon Wolf

Quote by Night_Lights
Last edited by shotbythepope at May 29, 2008,
In texas you actually can get a Minor in Possession charge for attempted purchase...

That being said, I've never heard of that happening...