okay heres whats up.
my current is is a 1x12 line 6 spider 2
my drummer has a maple loud as anything drumset and i need something to be able to be heard. im pretty much only lookign at line 6 amps so dont bother trying to persuade me...actually id be interested in ideas but i doubt id go away from line 6.
at guitar center there is a used Line6 Spider 3 120 watt combo amp (the kind with 2 speakers) and its for 399 (its like 499 used i think). im wondering if thats enough power? my drummer said it deffinately would be enough for even gigs so id like some advice. i dont think i want to spend 700 on a halfstack from line6 so hopefully this will work. one day i will get a halfstack though probably within a year.
Why don't you just go search through the entire forum first before you keep talking. Please do.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by stangconv
No it wont and for the few people who manage to hear it.. .they will get cladmydia and die.

And the winner of the best line i have heard all week goes to you Stangconv..... I busted out laughing again on that one...
alright alright and i did search i found alot about the spider 3 120w but not about if it would be loud enough for practices. thats what i really need to know, sorry if its a dumb question but iver never really had a band but im ready to.
I play large outside gigs with a 30 watt Vox AC30CC2. That overpriced, digital, lifeless POS Line 6 will be loud enough.
I'm not even going to bother.

120 watts out of a spider should get over drums and such. It should be a good amount of volume for gigging. It'll sound like a cat in a blender, but it looks like you really like line 6 spiders.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
wow are line 6's really that bad? (by the way it was a 150w not 120 my mistake). okay i dont know alot about amps so what would you guys reccomend, i cant think of anything else with the same price, same volume, and built in distortions i like. please recommend some amps to me then.
Quote by KurtGotMurdered
wow are line 6's really that bad? (by the way it was a 150w not 120 my mistake). okay i dont know alot about amps so what would you guys reccomend, i cant think of anything else with the same price, same volume, and built in distortions i like. please recommend some amps to me then.

Line 6 isn't necessarily bad, just their spiders.
First off, avoid built in stuff in amps.
If you really need distortions and effects, get a pod and a power amp or something.

But, i'm going to assume that you play metal or harder rock.
And, i'm going to assume that you have a 400 dollar budget.

With that information, I say to thee:

Peavey Valveking
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
i really am not an effects guy the only thing i liked built in with the spiders is the distortions, metal, insane, all that...i really liek them....im guessing the peavey has a distortion channel though. ill have to check it out.
is 50w tube enough for gigs? no idea ive never played a tube amp before
Quote by KurtGotMurdered
ive never played a tube amp before

Oh, so that's why you thought the spider was a good amp .

Yes, 50 tube watts will be more than enough for gigging. And yes, even though it only has 2 channels, they sound much better than the spider's amp models. And, just toss a bad monkey or other OD in front of the valveking to get more distortion.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
nah i dont think youll like the Valveking frankly couse i know what kind of player you are and its just not enough gain on those mofos for my taste.
Id have to say a B-52AT that would satisfy your needs for gain, and it sounds bettor than the valveking I have to say.
? why the hell do people recomend valekings when B-52s are way bettor for like an extra bill more or less.
Last edited by the-kidR44 at May 29, 2008,
^I guess. I don't have any B52's near me, so I can't really try one out to get an honest opinion with it. I just know that the VK is a good, solid, cheap tube amp with a good amount of gain on tap.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
im probably just going to sell em old spider get a louder one and hold on to that and use it as a practice/"oh crap i have a gig i never thought id have a gig this soon guess ill use my line 6 for now" amp until liek christmas then ill try to get a tube halfstack or somethin
^well **** it its not like your a pro or anything if thats what you want then great
but damn are you a big fool, if i ever saw one.
And the vidoe thing well whatever I prefer the B-52 bettor i dont know there both diffrently voiced hell but i just dont like the DS on the Valveking when comparing
Plus its just built bettor i think, its got more channels and knobs, its much more versatile.
Last edited by the-kidR44 at May 29, 2008,
Man, you can gig with your 75 watt spider. It's called a PA, most solid venues have them. If it dosn't cut for practice with the band, get your drummer some practice pads.
I think that this guy is an idiot. OP, you need to learn how to listen to the advice that people are giving you. I hightly doubt that you can tell if you like the distortion on a valveking from a youtube video. Go play it first before you jump to conclusions.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
You don't need a bigger amp than the one you already have, 75 watts, even solid state, is more than loud enough...

Sell the 75 watt spider and buy a nice amp instead