I love playing A LOT of metal, blues, fusion, and hard rock. after only afew minutes with the AC30cc2, i knew i would buy it

right now, it is on layaway for my financial safety and i would like to ask a few questions about how customizable it is.

1: Since i love playing metal. i was wondering just how much gain and distortion this amp can take. i know since its a tube amp, i can get better tubes for what i play, but will the custom vox speakers be able to handle it?

2: I have never actually owned a tube amp, so this is all a learning experience for me. are there any tips anyone can give me about how to keep my tubes in good shape?

....uhhh..... i think thats all for now. hope someone can help me out.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
Don't get an AC30 if you plan on playing metal. Simple as that.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
Don't get an AC30 if you plan on playing metal. Simple as that.

maybe my form of metal isnt the same as yours because i got the perfect tone i wanted out of it. i guess just Hard Rock would fit me more.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
Quote by ashra
maybe my form of metal isnt the same as yours because i got the perfect tone i wanted out of it. i guess just Hard Rock would fit me more.

I guess. When you say metal, I think of scooped mids and a bunch of n00bz listening to "teh br00talz"

Anyway, gimme a band that would be the most distorted tone you would be playing.
Quote by thrilla13w
The hotbar should be floating parallel to the principle axis at this point. Next, take a hammer, and beat yourself in the face while crying JIHAD. problem fixed.

Quote by Slaytanic1993
cowdude speaks words of infinite wisdomery.
Quote by FLCLcowdude
I guess. When you say metal, I think of scooped mids and a bunch of n00bz listening to "teh br00talz"

Anyway, gimme a band that would be the most distorted tone you would be playing.

I play the same tones as Paul Gilbert does these days. i just completely dig the sound of the natural distortion compared to the extremely high-gain pedals out there right now. i have an Ibanez TBX150R that provides all the low end brutal sound i will every want or need. what i wanted out of the AC30 is a pure, clear tone with solid mids and bright highs for my solos and lead work. im an only guitarist in my band so i need something powerful enough to fill the gap of the rhythm section
Quote by Zach
Quote by Switch
Quote by colin617
If you liked the AC30, get it. Very simple.

I love my AC30.

again. i already got it. i want to know how to keep the tubes healthy and how much it can take
Quote by Zach
Quote by Switch
Quote by ashra
again. i already got it. i want to know how to keep the tubes healthy and how much it can take

oops. Its late/ early and I skimmed.

Tubes:
Always let them warm up on stand-by before turning on the power.
Let the amp sit on stand-by for a minute before turning off the amp.
Don't drop it.
Maintenance is pretty simple, really.

It doesn't get very heavy. With a good OD pedal, you may be able to get into hard rock territory, but a dedicated hard rock amp would be better for that.
If you want to know how much it can "take," don't worry about it. Unless you start running a church organ through it you'll be fine. It can take whatever you give.
There has been an issue with ghost notes on some of the stock speakers. It might be a good idea to crank the amp as loud as you possibly can and try to pull some ghosting out of it to see if it's a problem, so you can get it fixed under warranty. Plus it will be fun.