http://www.myspace.com/davidshulerband

seriously. i was told i was only mediocre, and if you ignore the LP remix[first song] you'll see that I ultimately suck as a guitar player. I want to write sick riffs, but I never seem to be able to. What can i do to ultimately spice up my playing and writing ability. I seem to be stuck in a box of playing covers. probably because that's what we do at church, but I want to start a rock band, right? What if I can't write music or lyrics, then I'm just a hobbyist. And being that makes me feel like crap, because I'm serious about what I do. It's not just something to take up time, it's something I want to base a career on.

This is not advertising, I seriously need to develop some skill.

Then again...if they made it...i can too for sure.
I got some good guitars, yo.
Last edited by Leat at May 29, 2008,
Who cares if you suck ? Do you enjoy what you do ? If yes, someday, something will come up ... If you suck and you don't like what you do ....... do something else
First off cool background, but it's really hard to read any text in front of that.
second, how long have you been playing? if you're still on your first year, give it another couple, music is a long and arduous road. There is NO room for impatience when you're trying to become a great guitarist. The only advice to give in this situation is put in the time and the effort and you'll find what you're looking for.
Just keep on playing you don't sound that bad.

My old hs buddy plays in a pretty well known metal band.
He couldn't play worth a darn out of all us, but he made it to the big time.
It IS advertising, it's a big fat pile of "look at me".

*reported*
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Leat
http://www.myspace.com/davidshulerband

seriously. i was told i was only mediocre, and if you ignore the LP remix[first song] you'll see that I ultimately suck as a guitar player. I want to write sick riffs, but I never seem to be able to. What can i do to ultimately spice up my playing and writing ability. I seem to be stuck in a box of playing covers. probably because that's what we do at church, but I want to start a rock band, right? What if I can't write music or lyrics, then I'm just a hobbyist. And being that makes me feel like crap, because I'm serious about what I do. It's not just something to take up time, it's something I want to base a career on.

This is not advertising, I seriously need to develop some skill.

Then again...if they made it...i can too for sure.

Quite simply, start composing, don't stop. That's all it is, imagination (which you can develop) and the ability to change that into music (which is theory and playing ability).