I'm getting slight buzzing on my new electric guitar that came in today. I'm loving how low the action is though so I don't want to raise it.

First off, if it doesn't come through the amp should I even worry about it? (from what I can tell its not coming out of the amp, I'll record later to test though)

Here's a pic in case you can tell anything from it (probably not)
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mlfarrell/pictures/gear/313159/313163

EDIT: turns out my saddle was installed reversed for me EAD strings , see my bottom post
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at May 29, 2008,
The height increase needed to eliminate the buzz is most likely unnoticeable to your playing.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
I don't know if you did it or it came that way, but the saddles on the E A D strings are facing the wrong way. This can cause a lot of buzzing.

Can you tell WHERE the buzzing is coming from? Like, is it coming from nut area or the bridge area, or a specific fret(s) on the neck? If the buzz is only occuring when notes are fretted, try all the strings on all the frets and remember which ones buzz. You can adjust your truss rod and bridge to cancel out buzzing WITHOUT raising or lowering the action.
Last edited by wanderingguitar at May 29, 2008,
might be a long shot, but when i got my epi les paul, i got some buzzing which i thought was from the strings, but i found out it was from a loose screw on one of the saddles.
I just wanted to ask.. some of real kickass players that play fast music. What is your action at 12th fret? Any measurement idea?
I am about to do a truss rod adjustment in a few days to get my action as low as possible without buzz.

Thanks
Ibanez RG321MH - Royal Blue = sexness
Quote by wanderingguitar
I don't know if you did it or it came that way, but the saddles on the E A D strings are facing the wrong way. This can cause a lot of buzzing.

doh! you're right! I see that now. It definitely came that way I haven't touched it. I'll have the tech look at it the next time I change strings. Is it easy to fix that? do I (or the tech) have to reintonate the entire guitar after turning it around?

the G string does it slightly too

I'd really rather not adjust anything for the time being, I'm new to electric guitars in general and I really like the action the way it is. If the buzzing doesn't come through the amp I may just live with it for awhile. I can take it to a tech if I reaallly need to

it only happens when I pluck a string harder than normal cause it'll vibrate against one of the frets. I don't think the pickups are ..err um picking it up though (the buzz)
this is a post. there are many like it but this one is mine

=======================

Taylor Big Baby
Agile 3100 CSB
Peavey classic 30/112
Okko Dominator, Big muff pi, cs3, dd3, ch1, ts9, ad9, classic wah
Last edited by mlfarrell at May 29, 2008,