I need a computer, and right now I am thinking the best way to go is to build a laptop.

I was looking into the name-brand stuff, but nothing really nails what I need, and everything includes expensive stuff I KNOW I will never use.

Where is the place to go for maximum customization and lowest prices?

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
...dell lol...umm dunno about laptops cuz thier harder to build persay but dell allows u to customize alot
Quote by cloud_x_13
...dell lol...umm dunno about laptops cuz thier harder to build persay but dell allows u to customize alot

This

And

This
Se habla español

Quote by pinheadslts75
People come up with the dumbest names for sexual acts. And the most disgusting concepts for sexual acts.

I'm tempted to report this thread because of how weird this is getting.

I saw x/taluha get her clock
Now I have tried Dell but they are the ones who pack their systems full of things I would never use.

Also I HEARD that the physical quality is crap and they fall apart.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
real men build their laptops from home depot

I have nothing unique or funny to put here.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
I need a computer, and right now I am thinking the best way to go is to build a laptop.

I was looking into the name-brand stuff, but nothing really nails what I need, and everything includes expensive stuff I KNOW I will never use.

LEGO store. Do it.
<Han> I love Hitler
Quote by jthm_guitarist

like wut?
Quote by leonardo.kornuto
You're pretty

ty
^Like built in cameras, huge hard drives, Windows Vista, and whatever programs come preinstalled.
I would like to think that by buying a laptop without these things I would save money.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22

Quote by Axelfox
Quote by jthm_guitarist
^Like built in cameras, huge hard drives, Windows Vista, and whatever programs come preinstalled.
I would like to think that by buying a laptop without these things I would save money.

well u cant build your own laptop u have to customize 1 on a distrubutors website, also there are only a few companies that sell laptops w/o os's on them. Besides the HDD's are only like $70 if u get 1 w/ a 500 gig...and the built in cameras don't cost **** either
You're pretty

ty
Quote by Fishyesque
Psssh, get a freaking Asus EEEPC.

$549? Yes please.

http://www.amazon.com/Eee-PC-Screen-900-Preloaded/dp/B00191PKJK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=pc&qid=1212125018&sr=1-1

It comes with Linux, but you can order it with XP.

i dont know much about laptops but...LOL WUT? 900 mhz processor? most laptops for $600 nowdays have a dual core GHZ processor
You're pretty

ty
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
i dont know much about laptops but...LOL WUT? 900 mhz processor? most laptops for $600 nowdays have a dual core GHZ processor

Yeah, but those are laptops with 15 inch screens.

This thing is a road warrior. You're matching it up with the wrong laptops.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by Fishyesque
Yeah, but those are laptops with 15 inch screens.

This thing is a road warrior. You're matching it up with the wrong laptops.

half the screen size 2? pfft ill stick w/ desktops
You're pretty

ty
Quote by Masonpwiley
How do you build a laptop? Building a desktop is easy because the parts are easy to find and buy...

Do you mean customize online?

http://www.ibuypower.com/mall/lobby.htm
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/

This man speaks the truth. iBuyPower has a little better of a reputation with products being shipped and arriving without issues, whereas CyberPowerPC has had quite a few complaints of broken fans (though you won't have to worry about that with a laptop) or screws or small parts missing. Nothing major though, both are viable options. I personally like CyberPower better myself.
EDIT: Believe it or not, Gateway has gotten better in the laptop department and has some laptops cheap for their caliber.
http://www.gateway.com/systems/product/529668030.php is pretty good value. Then again, it's a gateway. I've had bad experiences with Gateway
Last edited by GuitarManiac09 at May 30, 2008,
Quote by ++BuCkEtHeAd++
half the screen size 2? pfft ill stick w/ desktops

You're right, you don't know much about laptops. Ultraportables are obviously not for you.
Quote by Fishyesque
You're right, you don't know much about laptops. Ultraportables are obviously not for you.

Calm down man Ultraportables aren't exactly a maximum customization laptop.
Sorry, I forget that I have to include smilies to remind people that I'm always just being playful.

Lots of people love the little thing, and I'll always just throw it out there, because I know not everyone has seen it. It's obviously not quite what he's looking for.

But man, there are some freaking awesome hacks people have done with it.

Modding FTW!

Yeah haha, the internet doesn't channel playfulness to well. Smilies ftw!
What mods have people done with it?
Making it touch screen, putting in bluetooth, 3G card, GPS, adding bigger hard drives/SSD lots of fun stuff!