Page 1 of 2
About 10 minutes ago me and my girlfriend were sitting on our coach watching TV when we heard about 7 LOUD shots ring out. Sometimes we hear noises in our area that you ask yourself "could it be?" and usually it's just the sound of someone banging hard on something. But then we heard the screams and knew it couldn't be good. I went outside since my apartment is gated to look and saw people running by. After stepping out onto the street, to the right at the end of the block, there he was, lying there.

Sirens followed and they arrived shortly after. The neighborhood unloaded. Everyone came out to have a look at him while police cautioned off the area around his body. From what I could see, he was in pretty bad shape. If the number of rounds fired is any indication as to how many actually entered his body, I fear the worst. I don't understand this at all. They tried to revive him but eventually stopped and covered him up.

An especially disturbing scene was right as I was stepping out onto the street, I saw a woman run by screaming "My baby just walked out this way!" I didn't see her after that. I'm in a state of shock at the moment as this all happened so fast. But I'm beginning to have my doubts about wanting to really be a part of the human race anymore. Seeing something like this happen makes me question what motives us as humans have for one another and if we just really are just senseless killing animals.

I have no words right now. I don't even want to talk. **** this...
Comfort the Disturbed, Disturb the Comfortable
Woah.
It's amazing who really would actually gun someone down.
It's f*cked up.
Quote by atr5557
i just got the boss mt-2 metal zone pedal today. i got the adapter for it but how do i know if its charging?
1. maybe he raped five babies and deserved to die? /exaggeration
2. you saw him there, and WAITED for the police and ambulances to show up, and didn't run to his aid yourself?
Damn man that sucks.
ADD MY -CORE BAND!
www.myspace.com/efakaz

GEARx
Ibanez RG2EX1
Peavey 5150 II
ISP Decimator

Quote by T Man Prime
Ok everyone, who do you think is the heaviest band? Personally I think As I Lay Dying is the heaviest
Quote by b00m_
Woah.
It's amazing who really would actually gun someone down.
It's f*cked up.

I agree. My mind can't comprehend how there are people in the world that could do such a thing. And TS, I feel for you. It's hard being there when someone dies.
Quote by imthehitcher
you truly are a prince of men

Quote by isuckhardcore
I get naked FOR my dog.
As insensitive as it sounds, the middle of that would be the perfect place for a fresh prince.

Also, I dunno what being a human has to do with anything. Tons of animals kill each other. Unless you wanna be a giraffe. You don't wanna be a giraffe, do ya?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Man,you should move out of the area.Dont want that to happen to u right?

"Battle not with monsters,
lest ye become a monster,
and if you gaze into the abyss,
the abyss gazes also into you
."

I'm amazed man.

But mainly at the pit, for not having said "Pics or it didn't happen" yet.

Sorry to hear that dude, it must be hard to experience something like that..
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct
1. maybe he raped five babies and deserved to die? /exaggeration
2. you saw him there, and WAITED for the police and ambulances to show up, and didn't run to his aid yourself?

By the time I got outside everyone was running to him as well and the sirens were a few blocks away. We all just kind of experienced it at once.
You shouldn't be having doubts about the human race...you should be having doubts about living in that apartment complex and should consider moving.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
As insensitive as it sounds, the middle of that would be the perfect place for a fresh prince.

Also, I dunno what being a human has to do with anything. Tons of animals kill each other. Unless you wanna be a giraffe. You don't wanna be a giraffe, do ya?

I'm up for trying out anything at this point...
What was he wearing?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by M Power
You shouldn't be having doubts about the human race...you should be having doubts about living in that apartment complex and should consider moving.

Yeah I know, being in a state of shock just puts me in my head a bit. I didn't mean ya'll.
Quote by Glen'sHeroicAct

he left his cape and hood inside.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Quote by KingofSpirits
Yeah I know, being in a state of shock just puts me in my head a bit. I didn't mean ya'll.

If it makes you feel any better, since this person died, several people have been born.

But seriously.. what was he wearing?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Zugunruhe
he left his cape and hood inside.

Sorry, but....

Quote by GLP_Arclite

well much as it sucks its something that happens all the time. i remember being in LA and seeing something close to that, asked a cop and he says "ive seen this so many times its meaningless" and you think a mans life was ended and you dont care? its cold but its what happens all the time im afraid.
Quote by KingofSpirits
By the time I got outside everyone was running to him as well and the sirens were a few blocks away. We all just kind of experienced it at once.

that kinda reminds me of that one Ray Bradbury short where when someone gets hit by a car or something, there's all these people that wait to run and form a crowd around them and steal their air.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Tons of animals kill each other.

yeah but animals kill to eat or to protect themselves or their territory (which i guess is protecting themselves in a way as well), not just for petty arguments or for the hell of it.

I've never seen a monkey watch another monkey take a piece of fruit it thought was his and go "Bitch stole my mango!" and proceed to beat the other one to death with a stick.

Humans are pretty messed up. But hey, what can ya do?

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Didn't the police question you? They should have. Someone was kidnapped in the street opposite my house, and we were questioned even though we weren't even home when it happened.

>_>
<_<
Quote by lepermessiah22
yeah but animals kill to eat or to protect themselves or their territory (which i guess is protecting themselves in a way as well), not just for petty arguments or for the hell of it.

I've never seen a monkey watch another monkey take a piece of fruit it thought was his and go "Bitch stole my mango!" and proceed to beat the other one to death with a stick.

I've seen a dog kill another dog for absolutely no reason. It was a big dog and a tiny dog, the big dog just picked up the other one in its teeth, snapped its neck and shook it around like a rag doll.

As for whether or not it was a petty argument, you really don't know what happened between the person who was killed and the person who killed them. That very well may have been a territory thing, a money thing (Which is part of survival), or maybe he was having sex with his girlfriend. Which is also a territory thing. There is absolutely no difference. Hell, you could bring up that some people kill because it gets them off, like in the case of Ed Gein, but I think that has to do with self-esteem. And that of course, is where I can bring up the Alpha Male mentality in animals. I just don't think there is that much of a difference. And to say that "Humans are messed up" is kinda silly. Just because some walking defects are messed up, doesn't really mean that mankind is. I don't know too many people who have killed anyone. I sure haven't.
Quote by vintage x metal

Well the complex in front of where he was shot apparently is home to some crack dealers. I don't know how much that tips the scales but it's been a pretty intense night. My neighbors windows were shot out from it, lucky that I live in the back of my complex or who knows.
And god damnit this is Berkeley, CA, home to college kids and hippies
Quote by KingofSpirits
Well the complex in front of where he was shot apparently is home to some crack dealers. I don't know how much that tips the scales but it's been a pretty intense night. My neighbors windows were shot out from it, lucky that I live in the back of my complex or who knows.

That is my point exactly, the fight most likely had to do with money. Therefore, survival. Therefore, no difference.

These guys were a bunch of college kids and hippies, too.
Quote by vintage x metal

JoJ

Giraffes kill each other by snapping thier necks during mating and territory fights......sorry to break it too you

TS man up , it sucks, but it's life
Quote by *Juno*
JoJ

Giraffes kill each other by snapping thier necks during mating and territory fights......sorry to break it too you

TS man up , it sucks, but it's life

Yeah, I thought I saw a documentary about Giraffes once that said they killed each other every now and again.. But I like Giraffes, so I wanted to bring them up in conversation and was hoping no one would bring that up. They bang their heads at each other and what not.

But thanks for killing everyone's perfect vision of Giraffes, dude.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

Started makin' trouble in ma neighbourhood...

Sorry though man, that's horrible.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I've seen a dog kill another dog for absolutely no reason. It was a big dog and a tiny dog, the big dog just picked up the other one in its teeth, snapped its neck and shook it around like a rag doll.

As for whether or not it was a petty argument, you really don't know what happened between the person who was killed and the person who killed them. That very well may have been a territory thing, a money thing (Which is part of survival), or maybe he was having sex with his girlfriend. Which is also a territory thing. There is absolutely no difference. Hell, you could bring up that some people kill because it gets them off, like in the case of Ed Gein, but I think that has to do with self-esteem. And that of course, is where I can bring up the Alpha Male mentality in animals. I just don't think there is that much of a difference. And to say that "Humans are messed up" is kinda silly. Just because some walking defects are messed up, doesn't really mean that mankind is. I don't know too many people who have killed anyone. I sure haven't.

Who are you trying to kid?
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by metacarpi
Who are you trying to kid?

I never killed any kids.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill

A.As for whether or not it was a petty argument, you really don't know what happened between the person who was killed and the person who killed them.
B.That very well may have been a territory thing
C.a money thing (Which is part of survival)
D.or maybe he was having sex with his girlfriend. Which is also a territory thing.
E.Hell, you could bring up that some people kill because it gets them off, like in the case of Ed Gein
F. And to say that "Humans are messed up" is kinda silly. Just because some walking defects are messed up, doesn't really mean that mankind is.

A.True
B. although like you said i dont know what happened, unless someone's house or apartment was broken into i dont see a reason to kill someone. If it was a matter of being in someone else's neighborhood that is ridiculous and isnt really a territory issue but a dumb argument
C. or greed
D.which is also a petty argument not worth killing over. Nobody owns their girlfriend and so he should have just taken it like a man and just cut ties with them
E. like i said i've never really seen animals kill just to get off
F. True, not all of mankind is that messed up but plenty throughout our history have caused a lot of death and destruction for no good reason, and we see it on the news everyday.

EDIT: Just to add on to the money thing. Why would people have to kill for money? That is not a legitimate means of survival because you could just as easily go out and get a job.

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Last edited by lepermessiah22 at May 29, 2008,
Quote by lepermessiah22

There are animals that kill just for "the lulz". Dolphins in particular.
Quote by david9d5
You, my friend, win in epic proportions

Quote by sharpshootr55

Man... now I gotta clean my laptop screen.

Quote by ozzyismetal
^That has too much win for me to handle....
I think I need a glass of water and a nap.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I never killed any kids.

And now we're getting closer to the truth....
Quote by GLP_Arclite

Quote by lepermessiah22
A.True
B. although like you said i dont know what happened, unless someone's house or apartment was broken into i dont see a reason to kill someone. If it was a matter of being in someone else's neighborhood that is ridiculous and isnt really a territory issue but a dumb argument
C. or greed
D.which is also a petty argument not worth killing over. Nobody owns their girlfriend and so he should have just taken it like a man and just cut ties with them
E. like i said i've never really seen animals kill just to get off
F. True, not all of mankind is that messed up but plenty throughout our history have caused a lot of death and destruction for no good reason, and we see it on the news everyday.

EDIT: Just to add on to the money thing. Why would people have to kill for money? That is not a legitimate means of survival because you could just as easily go out and get a job.

The girlfriend thing is brought up because animals have been known to kill each other in mating rituals. Also, why would you kill someone for breaking into your house or apartment? Because they might try to steal from you? If it was a monetary argument, it is basically the same thing. And it is also a territory thing if you're willing to kill someone for breaking into your home. And turn on Animal Planet, you'll see how often they show animals killing one another for reasons other than food.

As for whether or not money isn't a survival thing. It is. Humans depend on money to survive. If someone owes someone else money, and won't pay it.. That affects someone else's survival. I'm not saying it is right to kill someone, I'm just saying that you can easily compare violent human behavior to violent behavior in animals.
Quote by vintage x metal

Yeah I'm just trying to watch some TV right now. The most light hearted mindless thing I can find. Yeah I could try to rationalize the whole animal instinct thing blah blah blah or why I didn't pull a fresh prince (now that you mention it...), but right now I just want to have a beer, smoke some pot, and value life a little bit more.
Page 1 of 2