And NOT growls / screams / etc.

I'mm getting tired of all singers of newer metal bands just going RAWR! What arte some bands like metallica, Iron Maiden, Megadeth. You know... Where there is actual singing?

Dont get me wrong. Im not flaming growling. Its just that it can get a bit repatative at times and i get annoyed with people saying "OmG yoU lIkE teH MetaLz?!? Its jUsT sCReamIng!!!"

Thanks
Nevermore, Symphony X, Dream Theater and Aghora are all damn good examples but finding metal bands outside of the Prog metal genre might be a little tough.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Pain of Salvation has got beautiful vocals....check out the song Reconciliation.
Tyr....progressive viking metal band..
Elvenking.... Folk Metal band...amazing music...check them out now!
Last edited by ordinary_story at May 29, 2008,
uhh try some thrash? anthrax? suicidal tendencies? firewind possibly? living colour are pretty cool but i dunno if you'd call 'em metal
I shudder when I think of mentioning but here goes...what about some power metal? Ehhh.
I feel dirty now.
Zaphod is pretty much right. Outside the prog and avant-garde, straight singing for a metal band that is convincing (i.e. not flamboyent) is rare, if not non-existant.
Hmmm... I think I've seen this thread before... hmmm... oh yeah! Here it is:

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870544

I mean, no offense but there's no need for this thread anymore, so end it. End it like you would a dying puppy with rabies. With a slash at the jugular... in this case, by pressing edit and deleting this thread
Last edited by Chugaroo at May 29, 2008,
What about Black Tide? Some of the lyrical content is not so great but for being as young as the lead singer is they are amazing, right up your alley I think in the Iron Maiden, Old school metallica genre.
Quote by alexpep
i think alter bridge is metal and the singer sings

Not metal unfortunately; modern rock.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
This thread lacks salt.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.