Hey, I have a 7 band Graphic Equalizer, the bands ranging from 100Hz - 6.4kHz. I've heard its easier to use if you know what each frequencie does, though I haven't been able to figure out anywhere.. and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out understanding this. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
theres no science to it my friend. It goes from low to high. Each one boosts that particular frequency. To get it right, just sit down and experiment with each one and find which combinations sound best to your ears. More Bass? just boost the lower frequencies. Scooped Mids? (dimebag tone) move the middle knobs down. Just find what you want.
Framus Cobra
Marshall JCM 900
peavey 5150

Mesa 4x12
low mids for a more metally tone, taper of the highs to get rid of some of that piercing high end. you just get a feel for using it after a while.
It's easy enough to work out, just plug the thing in and play with the sliders...you can HEAR what they do and that's far more useful than somebody telling you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Unless you're using it as a solo boost, cut frequencies rather than boosting them