My guitar came with pup covers and if I take them off, will it have any effect, negatively or positively?
no as in dont take them off, or no as in no change? also, do they just come off if i unscrew them?
No ....as in it won't make any difference to your tone or the playability of your guitar ... so unless it's hampering your playing in either way...why take 'em out???
you could probably unscrew them....can't say as i've no idea wht kind of pups they are....i mean single coil or humbuckers....
Apparently you get slightly more treble...
I know more than one person who has destroyed vintage pickups trying to remove the covers.
Shut up and play your guitar!
It depends on what covers are on the pickups. If they were plastic covers then there will be no change in tone if you take them off.

Metal covers (gold, chromed brass, or nickel) have a similar tonal effect as a negative feedback in an amp. The covers filter off buzzing and hum but they also filter off high end and make the pickup less dynamic. If you remove nickel covers you should notice a very slight increase in high end and a slight increase in hum. If you remove chrome or gold plated covers you will notice a significant increase in high end and a slight increase in hum.
Not taking any online orders.
I have a Washburn WI64DL with factory stock pickups, i don't know if I have to unsolder them or anything, i heard they sound brighter without the covers. Plus it looks cooler.
Quote by Bananular
I have a Washburn WI64DL with factory stock pickups, i don't know if I have to unsolder them or anything, i heard they sound brighter without the covers. Plus it looks cooler.

since when has cooler meant broken?
Peavey Valveking 212

Ibanez S520EX in grey
For a simple answer
Yes
But only slightly
On my les paul i took my pickup covers off
And it gives it a slightly more crunchy tone
Whereas before it was quite warm
Google it. there's probably a seymour duncan tutorial on it or something on youtube.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper