Hi there UG. Can you help me with one or two things?

I have two guitars atm. A Vintage V100 Les paul in cherryburst and a Tanglewood superstrat with HSS set up.

I really want to get new pickups on both. The Les Paul first. But i dont know what i can add?!

I want to get an EMG 85 as the humbucker in my Tanglewood. I dont know what single coils i could put in.

And i have NO idea for something on the les paul.

So can you help me?

The single coils on the tanglewood have to be a matt black cover so it looks similar to the EMG.

And the Les Paul pickups have to be covered (silver) so they look like my originals.

Thanks a lot UG!!
mixing active and passive pickups is not advised. try putting active single coils for your Tanglewood. i bet EMG has those.

for your les paul, try seymour duncans. try the JB bridge/ Jazz neck combo, JB b / 59 n combo or the C5/jazzn combo. you can't go wrong with those.
If you are getting EMG's in the tanglewood then I suggest you get an EMG single as well.

For your LP we need to know what you want to play with it.
Not taking any online orders.
The LP is for lighter stuff, some indie, the smiths, oasis, blady blah
Quote by CobbZ

seymour duncan C5/Jazzn combo for this one.
i checked them out leviticus, but neither of them are silver covered. Would i be able to buy covers for them?

UPDATE: I cant find the C5, what i did find was the 59 bridge pickup
Quote by CobbZ

Can't go wrong with a set of PAF's with alnico 5 magnets. Seymour duncan 59 is good for the price. Dimarzio's PAF pro is pretty good too (I don't like the normal dimarzio PAF) or you could step it up a notch and get some from me
Not taking any online orders.
Quote by CobbZ
i checked them out leviticus, but neither of them are silver covered. Would i be able to buy covers for them?

UPDATE: I cant find the C5, what i did find was the 59 bridge pickup

there are covered humbuckers from seymour duncan. i believe musicians friend has them. oh, and the Custom 5 is the SH-14 model.
Ahh, thank you very much leviticus. Most likely i will buy them then haha.

I chosen a set of EMGs for my tanglewood. Didnt realise how expensive they would be! lol.
In all honesty the pickups in the Vintage are already pretty decent, you're not going to get a significant change in tone until you upgrade the amp, and even then I'm not convinced you'll get any great benefit. I you're going to upgrade anything upgrade the Tanglewood first...I wouldn't recommend EMGs in a cheap strat copy though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah. pickups are pretty expensive. that is why i have only one guitar which have the C5/Jazz combo as they are very very versatile.