On my guitar that i am presently customizing i want to fit brand new wiring (i have no experience so i will be taking it to my local guitar shop).

I know which pickups I want:
Seymour Duncan P-rails
Seymour Duncan JB Jr's
MotherBucker

With the P-rails i want a 3 way DPDT switch to go between P90-Single-Humbucker as shown on the site

With the JBJr's i don't know what to do, can anyone think of anythink?

I need help with the motherbuckers
Does anyone know any outrages mods i can do with them?

For each pickup i am using seperate volume/tone switches

Thanks for everything
Last edited by jakuknown at May 30, 2008,
Sorry for double posting but any cool pickup mods would be appreciated (HSH style)
Thanks
You can coil tap the neck pickup as well as the bridge pickup... not sure what you can do with a middle pup unless you have a 5 way pickup selector switch
Quote by forsaknazrael
Why a JB Junior in the middle?
Why a Motherbucker?

The Jb Jr because I have a HSH setup but i might change it to the lil 59 instead

The motherbucker because its very versatile to different setups
a rotary switch is like a 5 way switch but in knob form you turn it and it changes, its been answered in your rotary switch thread which i presume you made after this
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by jakuknown
The Jb Jr because I have a HSH setup but i might change it to the lil 59 instead

The motherbucker because its very versatile to different setups

I said that because the JB Junior is way too hot for the middle position, and the Motherbucker isn't that great of a pickup. It's not really that versatile, either...
The mother bucker is a quadbucker type of thing so it is quite versatile
Its the the MightyMite motherbucker
I know what it is. You'll never need that much output, and it's NOT that versatile. More coils does not make for a better pickup....
You're trying to get your "versatility" from your pickups, which is NOT how it works. The pickups are going to make a minimal difference. You'll have better luck doing it at the amp level, or with pedals.
I just want a variety of tones Tbh,
The P-rails for the warmer tone, the Lil 59 for the les paul tone, and the motherbucker for the metal sound
My point being...You don't get all those tones from solely your pickups...
And a pickup isn't going to make your guitar sound a whole 'nother guitar.

You want a metal tone? Play through a metal amp. Warm tone? Use your neck pickup. Les Paul tone? Play a Les Paul through a Marshall.
You don't NEED a super high output pickup to do metal. Lamb of God use vintage output pickups. They do metal just fine.

What's your amp, anyway? Most of these pickup changes aren't even going to be noticeable if you don't have a good amp.
Quote by jakuknown
The mother bucker is a quadbucker type of thing so it is quite versatile
Its the the MightyMite motherbucker

Sorry, but your first post has the KENT ARMSTRONG Motherbucker, yet you just said you're looking at the MIGHTYMITE Motherbucker. They're completely different pickups.

MightyMite Motherbucker:

Kent Armstrong Motherbucker:

So, which is it?
Last edited by -MintSauce- at May 31, 2008,
I meant to put Its not the mighty mite sorry
I dint notice
Its the kent armstrong
Quote by forsaknazrael
My point being...You don't get all those tones from solely your pickups...
And a pickup isn't going to make your guitar sound a whole 'nother guitar.

You want a metal tone? Play through a metal amp. Warm tone? Use your neck pickup. Les Paul tone? Play a Les Paul through a Marshall.
You don't NEED a super high output pickup to do metal. Lamb of God use vintage output pickups. They do metal just fine.

What's your amp, anyway? Most of these pickup changes aren't even going to be noticeable if you don't have a good amp.

Just quoting what I said, in case you missed it...
Its a line 6 spider 3 120 watt
I just want different tones which all the pickups have
Just leave it at that

A mother bucker is cheaper than most seymour duncans so thats it
Quote by jakuknown
Just leave it at that

"He shoots! And he misses!"

Sorry man, but everyone here will tell you to get a decent amp before even thinking about pickups. The truth is simply that your pickups won't do any difference if your amp is ****ty, and the Spider is just that.
Last edited by Aziraphale at May 30, 2008,
Quote by jakuknown
Just leave it at that

Okay, well, you're going about it the wrong way. Your amp isn't good at all, and pickups are a very small part of the equation, as far as tone goes - That's the truth. Good pickups and pickups swaps really only make a difference in a good amp.

You're wasting your money here.
Nahh,,
Don't worry im upgrading to a marshall as of last night
Won a competition
JCM600
60 watt valve head or sumat
Last edited by jakuknown at May 31, 2008,