A long way down the track, im going to get a new electric guitar.
I want a decent floyd rose and i want jumbo frets. I was thinking ibanez because my friend has and RG and i love how easy it is to fret bar chords and to riff fast. I dont play metal and would probably change pickups to Alnico humbuckers. I dont want a really strat looking shape. I would also like to have to humbuckers that you can split to single coils(if so i wouldnt change pickups).
Budget: About $800 AUD
I have no idea about brands. Please post links if you can
PS if anyone has ever seen the guitar techniques mag 10 greatest riffs DVD i really like that guitar
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
Quote by jake_1234
A long way down the track, im going to get a new electric guitar.
I want a decent floyd rose and i want jumbo frets. I was thinking ibanez because my friend has and RG and i love how easy it is to fret bar chords and to riff fast. I dont play metal and would probably change pickups to Alnico humbuckers. I dont want a really strat looking shape. I would also like to have to humbuckers that you can split to single coils(if so i wouldnt change pickups).
Budget: About $800 AUD
I have no idea about brands. Please post links if you can
PS if anyone has ever seen the guitar techniques mag 10 greatest riffs DVD i really like that guitar

Personally, if you can push another $50, you could get the Washburn X40PRO. I know it's Strat shaped, but has a Schaller trem (excellent trem, on par with OFR easily), Seymour Duncan pickups with coil tap available, 24 frets and I think Jumbo frets too. Great guitar!
I think a Jackson KE3would be right for you. FR, humbuckers, non-strat shape, jumbo frets and a nice, fast neck.
Xbox Live tag: Dream Away Rain
Add!

Quote by marko'd
dont sweat how quick your progressing, i heard that Jimi hendrix didnt get his legendary guitar skills until he was dead

Quote by Dreadnought
+ MOTHERFUCKIN' 1
Yes both of those look like what im looking for. The washburn looks alright so does the jackson. any more suggestions?
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
well randy rhoads rr3 pro series is a very good guitar,
with 24 frets (i think?) pretty sure you have xj frets, and its very nice looking/non strat shape. it goes for about 699$ look it up on sam ash or musiciansfriend.
Quote by Mwoit
Personally, if you can push another $50, you could get the Washburn X40PRO. I know it's Strat shaped, but has a Schaller trem (excellent trem, on par with OFR easily), Seymour Duncan pickups with coil tap available, 24 frets and I think Jumbo frets too. Great guitar!

You sir, might have just found me my next guitar.
GEAR
Legend LP
Nylon Acoustic
Legend 10D Amp
Korg AX3G

flickr
If you decide to get a Jackson. I'm selling a Jackson RR3 since I'm quitting guitar.