Hey, Ive been looking around for about a month now for my Razorback Bass gig bag and
im not sure if they even exist. Can anyone help me out ?
Thanks but ive already got a Dean Hardcase that problem is its just too big to carry about hence why i want a Gig Bag
True. I prefer hard cases despite that problem though, cause I'd personally rather compensate for the size then have to worry about my bass getting damaged. Just go to a guitar shop and they'll hook you up with something good.
Yeah me too but my mum seems to think i have to get one cause it hardly fits in the car any more. Thanks for the advice though
So if i go to a guitar shop they could make a custom bag or what ? Cos i messaged Dean and apparently they dont make any
Tell her to get a bigger car lol. I'm lucky cause my bass cases both fit in the boot horizontally, so I don't have to worry about space. But seriously, if your mum doesn't like her car getting filled up, tell her to get over it. I have to squeeze 2 hard cases, a fender bassman 250, and my effects board in my mum's car, and I still have spare space. If they don't fit horizontally just put the seats down.

Tell your mum that not having to squeeze stuff so tightly into the car isn't worth increasing the risk of your gear damaged. I believe in that.

EDIT: A guitar shop probably wont custom-make a gig bag for you, in fact you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that will. But they'll help you find something that's suitable. Why does it need to be custom-made anyway?
Yeah thats a fair point, but im not sure she will buy it. She doesnt really understand guitars so she will probably just say " It Wont Get Damaged If Its Out Of The Case, You Can Just Put It In The Boot" thats the kinda thing she says, Plus also shes paying for the gig bag so its worth atleast trying to find one
Ok, she obviously doesn't respect the issue enough to properly understand it (no offence), so tell her this:
Having your bass in a gig bag WILL increase the odds that it'll get damaged as oppose to having it in a hard case. It will increase those odds by a significant amount, and the simple fact is that you should always be doing whatever you can to preserve your gear and keep it in the best working condition so you can get the most out of it. Almost no professionals use gig bags, which is a sign that they are simply not as good as hard cases.

Tell her the extra effort to fit the hard case in the car is more than worth it to ensure that you're doing all you can to keep your gear lasting as long as possible. And if she's very materialistically concerned, put emphasis on the fact that it will reduce the odds of you having to ever get any repairs or other work done, things that cost money.
Yeah good idea but i still dont think she'll go for it. She seems to think that cloth is more protective than plastic. Any other ideas?
I have this awesome Wawrick Gigbag, it's padded like a ... really padded thing... it does an awesome job of protecting my Stinger, I have no problems using it for transport.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Weird shaped guitars and basses are a nightmare to get cases for. I think coffin case may make one (they tend to cater for weird shapes) although I can't say if it will be any good, because they look a bit thin on the padding side. Warwick do ones for explorers and flying v's, but I've never seen a razorback up close so I dont know if it would fit
I've Made You A Drawing of a Giraffe Fucking an Elephant. Notice How His Moustache Looks Just Like Mine.

Your Mother's Got a Penis
I think dean do square shped bags, to cater for all thier pointy guitars. You could have a look for square shaped bags for basses, and see if any would fit, or make a square one yourself, which would be easier than making one razorback-shaped from scratch.

you could see if it'll fit a flying v bass gigbag, you could close it up sos only the cutaway sticks out between the two zips, not perfect, but...

(my brother bought a dean ML, and it doesn't even fit Dean's own ML case!)

edit: cello gigbags????
Thanks alot for the tip, Not sure about cello gig bags though Wouldnt it be too deep?
Quote by TheBarom
Thanks alot for the tip, Not sure about cello gig bags though Wouldnt it be too deep?

Yeah, much too deep. maybe you could sew the exess in the sides together or something...
Dunno im not much of a Sewer ( Looks like sewer but i mean like soer but not in the farm sense) Im looking around for Dean Square Gig Bags for Bass but no luck yet. Know where i could get one from ?
Here's an idea--go to a seamstress or someone who works in vinyl /leather and ask how much a handmade bag would cost. And it would be original and you could get it to look as unique as you wanted.

I am doing with with bass / guitar straps because I can't find any decent ones short enough for my daughter and I.
Ahhh good idea thanks, My Grand Ma could proberly sort me out with something like that. Thanks alot
Quote by anarkee
Here's an idea--go to a seamstress or someone who works in vinyl /leather and ask how much a handmade bag would cost. And it would be original and you could get it to look as unique as you wanted.

I am doing with with bass / guitar straps because I can't find any decent ones short enough for my daughter and I.

leather would be awsome.

dead practical aswell,
Yeah thats what i thought, God Knows where id buy the leather from though.
Lol you guys know everything. Just so my nan knows, How would she go about about stitching it as a gig bag, i mean like how the zip be worked in the leather ?
Lol--see,it does pay to have a female bassist about on the forum occasionally.

Its really no different than sewing with other material. She's probably going to have to make a custom pattern though to work from.

She probably knows this already, but you need to get a good heavy nylon or cotton thread and a heavy gauge needle for leather / canvas. Better sewing machines can handle thicker material like leather. I've made purses this way in the past--so if you have some sewing experience, something like a gig bag shouldn't be a huge challenge but will involve some time and effort.

And promise me if you have her do this, you show your thanks in a very significant way--this is going to be a labour of love for sure.
Oh i will, But do you have any ideas about the zip? I mean im no seemstress so i have no clue. Thanks alot though still you people are really helping me out
Quote by anarkee

You and your daughter are the same height?
I can sew... a little.

does this mean I'm a woman?
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by slaptasticdave
You and your daughter are the same height?

Yes--well about 3/4" apart in height. I'm 5' 4" and finding a bass strap that fits is a bear when you are as short as me. She just started playing guitar.

Quote by the humanity
I can sew... a little.

does this mean I'm a woman?

No, that just makes you rather self sufficient and well rounded in basic life skills
oh good.
no offense, but being a woman doesn't sound like any fun at all.
<<
>>
I usually just superglue the cloth together. It's faster, and watertight.
I only sew when it needs the visible stitching.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I think they teach you how to sew in the army - it's actually a very practical thing to know how to do (practical implying masculine?)
right now i'm whereing shoes that ive sewn up rather dogily to squeeze a bit of extra life out of them.