My high school has an attendance policy where 10 absences are allowed per class and you lose credit in that particular class upon your 11th absence.

I'm a senior this year, and stupidly I've been pushing my attendances to the max. It turns out because of this, I have lost credit in 4 classes. I thought I was keeping good track of my absences, but apparently what I have and what the school has don't match up.

Anyway, the principal called me down yesterday to tell me about all of this. He told me I only needed 1 more credit to graduate, but that I had lost credit in 4 of my 6 classes. Each class is worth half a credit. He showed I had 11 or more absences in all of my classes except for my 3rd and 5th hour where I only had 10, so If I passed those classes, I could still graduate on time.

However, the printout he gave me with this information was dated to only be through May 16th. I didn't notice this until I got home and looked at it again. I began panicking realizing that yesterday was the 28th, and I had missed my 3rd and 5th hour one time each since the 16th..I skipped them on May 23rd. So, if the printout had been through the 28th and not the 16th, it would show I had 11 absences in those classes too, thus failing both classes and not having enough credits to graduate on time.

BUT - the reason I skipped those classes on the 23rd was because I recieved a printout in the mail a few weeks ago prior to all of this, dated May 12th, where it showed I only had 9 absences in my 3rd and 5th hour. So I figured I'd push it (stupid) and sit on 10 until the end of the year. So in my mind, by skipping on the 23rd, I was only at 10 absences. However, seeing what the principal gave me shows that, according to something in their records, I'm actually at 11.

What pisses me off is, it doesn't add up. I was going off of what the school sent me in the mail - they said I only had 9, meaning I could afford and absence one more time in each class and still pass. Sure, I may have pushed my luck, but is it fair to punish me if I was going off something that the school sent me, even if it differs from what this guy had on his computer? The other thing is, I don't know why he only showed me my attendance through the 16th. But for real, why send me something saying I only have 9 absences if I really have 10?

But, I only noticed the paper he gave me was dated through the 16th when I got home last night, so I'm going to go talk to him about all of this today. I'm just afraid now I'm going to end up at summer school or something. I may have been at the line, but I didn't cross it. I was going off of what the school sent me. I don't even know what to say to the guy to save myself - those people are hellbent on making a decision and sticking to it. I do feel stupid for setting myself up like this, but I need to find a way out now.
Thats a little harsh, not graduating. However, you do deserve some punishment, skipping classes right up to the limit was ****ing retarded.
Quote by Jonjy2
Haha! You are awesome Bucketbotman!! Lolz!!

+100

I CAN PUT MY FOOT BEHIND MY HEAD!

Gear
Ibanez RG370DX special edition!
Tanglewood Oddessy Acoustic
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960's A slant cab
Fender 40W amp
Dunlop Crybaby
Ok Ok I know, it was ****ing retarted and I feel like **** and I'm the one who has to live with it. I'm not saying I didn't dig myself into a hole, but I still don't think it's completely fair to tell me one thing when what I was basing my attendance off of said another.

And I have no experience with summer school so I don't know how long it is or what to expect
how the hell can you miss so many classes? ive missed one day in the last 4 years
Thank God I read this.. I have a pretty poor absence rate.. But luckily not bad enough to Jeopardize my School Certificate, however because of it I had a few problems. After reading this though I'm going to do my absolute best to attend as much as possible..

If it comes to going to summer school, is it really that bad? It's you're future, best not to **** about with it.
What the ****. Here, in Poland, nobody gives a flying **** whether you attend your classes or not. It's been that way when I attended school, and it still is.

What kind of messed up nazi country do you live in?
Quote by bakk
Hi,
I have been pickin' up some Arabic radio signal things. Every time I turn up my Amp, this crazy Imam starts messing up my chords.

Proud owner of a 1987 Kramer Baretta I w/ spider Guitart.
damn that sucks.
i'm suspended for a day for being thirty seconds late to my first hour. :/ faggots. apparently puking dog counts as an unexcused absence.

I reign supreme in my own damn mind.
You lucky bastard, I only get 5 unexcused absences in a class before I lose credit in the class. That or 15 unexcused tardy's (or a combination of the two). Luckily I get people to forge me notes for the attendance office so they're excused. I did lose credit in math but I have all my math credits I need and I appealed the LC just in case.
well pretty dumb of you to push your luck...these things never work out....still, not being able to graduate would suck hard
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
Quote by grouch593
retarted

Teehee.

But back on topic, don't skip so much next time, even with the 10 absense graces.
Ahaha, what kind of ****ed up school system is this?
I had like 70 days off on my last year of school and ****ing passed everything, hells yeah!
Quote by telecastrmastr
if this goes in someones signature im gunna be pissed

Quote by jimithrash
what do you mean by goat
dude, your fault for not going,

they give you those absences for illness etc. not for screwing around.

I would laugh so hard if you didn't get to graduate. mostly cause they had that same system when I was at high school. 5 of my friends didn't graduate, the only reason I did was because I was a prefect and a musician (principal was a bass player)

I then realized that cutting cause you can bites you in the ass when I saw my OP (Australia's rank for university.college entrance) i am now always where i need to be, cause I'll be ****ed if I'll waste $7,000 a year on failing.

Point being,

TS = stupid
WTF you are allowed to skip classess in America? if you do that in the Uk you get in some **** like letters sent home put on a monitoring card etc.......
Go see your principal with the letters you got.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Aren't they supposed to give you records that are UP-TO-DATE?

I'm all for you on this one, I do think it was really stupid on their part, but why didn't you just keep track, or in writing somewhere how many days in what classes you missed?
As I always say: "Rawr"
So I just got done talking to the principal, he told me they made an error in my attendance and I'm going to graduate. He also told me I was the luckiest kid in the school and that if I hadn't brought that to his attention, I'd have lost credit. So right on...

Ride the lightning
Quote by grouch593
So I just got done talking to the principal, he told me they made an error in my attendance and I'm going to graduate. He also told me I was the luckiest kid in the school and that if I hadn't brought that to his attention, I'd have lost credit. So right on...

Ride the lightning

Nice dude, high-five, what you should really do is skip a couple of classes to celebrate, cool eh?
You're lucky, but you're also dumb (which I won't elaborate on since you appear to already know that). However, be lucky your school system is more lenient than mine was- I only got 3.
Quote by grouch593

Ride the lightning

Nice, man. Close one.

That said, this doesn't make you any less of a moron.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Last edited by Gunpowder at May 29, 2008,