Hey all!

At band practise last night, our other guitarist noticed I apply quite a lot of pressure to my picking hand and arm.

Does anyone have any ways to stop this?

It's been suggested that I hold the pick as though I'm about to drop it, which should in turn cause my arm and hand to relax more, but I'm not sure if this is helping much.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Drew
Jackson, Peavey, Line 6 <3
Youtube doesn't work on my computer for some reason anyway.

I'm totally relaxing, but it seems I just can't pick without applying a lot of pressure on my right arm; it kinda seems like I pick from the elbow rather than the wrist if that makes sense?
I TOTALLY used to do that. My brother (a much more accomplished guitarist) told me to pretend I was writing! sounds daft I know, and I told him he was a 'tard, but believe me it worked and now my picking comes from my wrist and hand, as opposed to my elbow and forearm.

co-ordination may be a factor, some people can't move a certain part of thier body without moving another. nothing to do with playing guitar.
Quote by mattiwillohouse
My brother (a much more accomplished guitarist) told me to pretend I was writing!

This is gonna make me sound so awkward, but I play guitar right handed but write left handed.