Page 1 of 2
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Why is there so much about emo's? Who actually give a crap and why is it a big deal in the slightest?

+1
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Because people (The Mail) need people to blame for stuff they can't understand/control.
Quote by Alter-Bridge
If I had sex as much as you said the word "shit" I would be paris hilton.

Quote by rworsl
I have never felt closer to either cheese or weasels

Quote by Vermintide

DURN THING DUN GONE MESS UP AGIYAN. MARGE, FETCH ME MAH BOOMSTIYAK
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Why is there so much about emo's? Who actually give a crap and why is it a big deal in the slightest?

+2

People need to start realising that emo is a music genre, and that MCR and Fall Out Boy are about as far from emo as it gets.
emo's are ****wits. they really are. if they experienced real problems they'd have shot themselves by now
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
+2

People need to start realising that emo is a music genre, and that MCR and Fall Out Boy are about as far from emo as it gets.

maybe fallout boy but MCR are typical emo

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
ok people i hate all this crap!!!!!!! y wont pll leave emoz alone? why have all of a sudden pll started to hate them???????
"On Saturday, hundreds of emos are planning to march on the Daily Mail's headquarters" I just found that really funny for some reason.

In seriousness though, hasn't a similar scenario been played out everytime a new youth subculture emerges?
Quote by Nick Cannon

Ima report yall forreal
Terrible article.
These news groups know nothing about the whole scene, they've just went by what everyone else goes by and the general stereotype.
None of those bands are 'emo', and no one is 'emo' either as it's a genre of music, not a person or group.
I feel quite embarassed for the reporter tbh
I thought all this emo business had passed and was a dying fad. I don't see half as many of the little blighters that i used to or have thay all gone to ground and begun planning their uprising?

Bodacious Bob

Schecter Omen 7 Extreme
Ibanez RGR08LTD BK
Behringer TU-100
EHX Metal Muff
Boss MT-2
GLX EQ-100
Marshall VS15

Quote by tpot06
Bodacious bob wins all.
This is silly; the whole emo thing peaked a few years ago with the release of MCR's 2nd album, not the wack parade.

So why are people still talking about them? Why are the news suddenly all over it?

Slow tip off...

Seriously, guys - this all peaked about 3 years ago, at least.

Since then you have had "scene", and "nu rave".. and now theres some strange combination of the two. Where will it lead next?
As fun it was, I think the emo is on the way out to the black parade

But seriously, this whole emo bashing thing is so 2007.
Quote by JadehBabeh123
ok people i hate all this crap!!!!!!! y wont pll leave emoz alone? why have all of a sudden pll started to hate them???????

Don't worry I've always hated emo's
So I'm ok =]
That Kate Ashford girl is from the same town as me.

How exciting.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Taoistic_Beer
As fun it was, I think the emo is on the way out to the black parade

But seriously, this whole emo bashing thing is so 2007.

No it's not, it's 2005.
At least the BBC have got their facts straight in terms of music genre. Personally, I thought this was a fairly decent, concise report.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i couldn't stop laughing at the title!

i had to get off my chair and walk around my room, before collapsing on the floor.
*facepalm*
get a life
Like seriously, too far for a simple lifestyle:
The Black Parade - A Place emo's believe they'll go when they die
Thanks for the info to Oblivion_Rps
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
No, Embrace are emo. Sunny Day Real Estate are emo. MCR are pop.

MCR are pop-punk, actually, but were originally post-hardcore which is why they continue to be labelled emo.

And would people stop bitching about genre? The BBC said "angst-laden punk-pop" and called it an evolution of "80s emotional hardcore". They've basically got their facts straight.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
lol at the guy halfway down the link
Quote by ~Danny~
Must if they break for me, better sounds come from the way you play more-so than the strings.

Quote by ~Danny~
>hen I said 'must', i meant just.

Quote by ~Danny~
I think we've realised I can't type by now...
The The BBC: .
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
Quote by CyanideChris
Terrible article.
These news groups know nothing about the whole scene, they've just went by what everyone else goes by and the general stereotype.
None of those bands are 'emo', and no one is 'emo' either as it's a genre of music, not a person or group.
I feel quite embarassed for the reporter tbh

but to be fair, cultures are defined by what people believe them to be, and they change over the years too. while heavy metal in the 80's meant deep purple and thin lizzy and bands like that, now heavy metal is way heavier, and those bands are known more as rock.

similarly, emo was whatever it was and now if a band is recognized as emo by most people then thats what it is. and if a person is recognized as 'an emo' then thats what they are.

edit: and to be fair, considering that reporters have a finite amount of time to write articles as well as look up all the details involved with them, i felt that that was a very fair and reasonably unbiased article.
Quote by CobenBlack
but to be fair, cultures are defined by what people believe them to be, and they change over the years too. while heavy metal in the 80's meant deep purple and thin lizzy and bands like that, now heavy metal is way heavier, and those bands are known more as rock.

similarly, emo was whatever it was and now if a band is recognized as emo by most people then thats what it is. and if a person is recognized as 'an emo' then thats what they are.

Well said sir.
Quote by CobenBlack

edit: and to be fair, considering that reporters have a finite amount of time to write articles as well as look up all the details involved with them, i felt that that was a very fair and reasonably unbiased article.

Yeah, but people still acknowledge the roots of heavy metal. And besides that, emo evolved into something which already existed. Pop-punk was around for ages, it's just that because certain pop-punk bands have fringes it's suddenly a different genre. And it bastardises the original hardcore bands. That's what people take issue with.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by redh0tchilip3pp
No, Embrace are emo. Sunny Day Real Estate are emo. MCR are pop.

Hardly pop to be honest. The first two albums were good, but the third has shown them actually trying to get into the mainstream. Unfortunately succeding.

"In 10 years time we'll have all these 30-year-olds on I Love 2008 talking about how embarrassed they are to have been emos. We'll have a Tory prime minister who's a Fall Out Boy fan."

That made me laugh so much. I mean, we all know that labour will still be in power Fall out boy aren't emo...
Quote by -February-Star-
That Kate Ashford girl is from the same town as me.

How exciting.

I'm literally on the end of my chair.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
The whole emo thing is really beginning to grate. I'm talking about how some user discovers who Rites of Spring or Embrace are and feels the need to share their discovery at every opportunity they get.
I'm literally on the end of my chair.

I have actually fallen off and split my head open on the corner of my desk....
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Page 1 of 2