Hi there,

Am considering buying a Peavey 6505+ amp head, but I have not found a good review about the peavey cab that is supposed to accompany it. What would be a good choice of cabinet?

I have heard that a Mesa Boogie or a Marshall cab goes quite well?
I guess you play metal?

I have a Marshall 1960AV cabinet which has Celestion Vintage 30's in it which are pretty agressive sounding when pushed which is great for metal, but they have a large mid spike on them, which is great for a scooped sounding amp like a mesa recto, but the 6505 already throws out tonnes of mids so you have to be fairly easy on the mids when EQing but I find it to be a great combo.
If you're in the US I would recommend also checking out Vadar - they have Eminence speakers and are said to be amazing for the price for high gain stuff.
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by Yngwi3
Marshall 1960AV cabinet .

+9999999

Check out my band! Endeavor

Fender American Deluxe Telecaster (little 59')
Peavey 5150 II
Orange PPC412
Boss NS-2
Boss DD-3
Monster Power Pro 900
Korg Pitchblack Pro
Sennheiser EW 172 Wireless
Carvin 6 space rack
I like the Vader stuff. Custom eminence legend speakers in an indestructible box. Can't beat that....
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
A V30 loaded Randall XL cab kills!!!
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Marshall AV or AC cab (i prefer AC, but thats because i personally prefer greenback speakers above V30's)
Stay away from the 1960A cab. In combination with the 6505 it results in a fuzzbom. Its just not nice anymore. V30s or Greenbacks work alot better than the G12T75 speakers
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Vader cab would be awesome. The Marshalls are decent as well, but unless you're going used, there's many others I'd rather have. You really can't go wrong with any Mesa cab.

If you're on a budget, check out Avatar as well.

And yes, don't use it with Celestion G12T-75s, the 5150/6505 really doesn't like those speakers
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by LP_CL
V30s or Greenbacks work alot better than the G12T75 speakers

Better? How about differently? I don't like to think of tone as "better" or "worse", but different. I've heard many tones from 6505's plugged into 1960's that sounded great. I have a 5150 that I plug into a hand built cab with G12T-75's that sounds great, for what I play.

TS, see what's right for you. Try to play the head with a few different cabs. If you can't, then you'll have to trust reviews, which isn't too fun.