What are the two tone knobs at the guitar actually for? I don't see the point of them.
Quote by RCalisto
which are useless for i always use max treble :P

well some don't... :p
O O

___
Some guitars have 1 tone knob for overall tone. Some like LPs have a tone knob for each pickup. And strats usually are set up with a tone knob for the neck and middle. Some like theirs maxed out some dont. Some of my guitars are set up with the tone controlling the neck and both pickup positions the bridge is full blast. There are some who never use the volume or tone controls always at 10. But since guitars arent made for a few select people with this taste they put knobs on em for the rest of us. Full volume probably works great playing heavy metal all the time. But you can clean up real easy without changing channels by simply rolling the volume back.
you use it for the tone...thats why its called a tone knob. you could say the same thing about the volume knobs, what are they for?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
Quote by 08L1V10N
Dude, I never heard any difference so don't talk like I'm a moron. Thank you

Then you're tone knob is busted - there is a noticeable difference and I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're probably not tone deaf.

Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Quote by Tackleberry
And strats usually are set up with a tone knob for the neck and middle.

Is this true? Strats knobs control neck and middle and not bridge? This seems odd, but I have no idea. You think you'd want a bridge tone knob rather than a middle... I don't have mine yet so I can't test it out...
A lot of tone knobs on lower to mid priced guitars are next to useless at anything other than full blast, they tend to go from on to off rather than having an actual range. I think there's a type of capacitor you can solder to the pot to make it more usable, can't remember what value though.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
A lot of tone knobs on lower to mid priced guitars are next to useless at anything other than full blast, they tend to go from on to off rather than having an actual range. I think there's a type of capacitor you can solder to the pot to make it more usable, can't remember what value though.

I fully agree with that. My Epi is that way. Even the volume knobs make little difference.
Not all strats are wired that way some are wired to the bridge. Some mod em to work on the bridge. And I guess 3 tone knobs would be a bit much. Many cheaper guitars have the tone knob problem. Dont know if its the brand of pots used or the type. One of my guitars was that way didnt matter how it was set didnt make any difference. Im not a fan of the overall tone knob, I keep my neck set low and bridge turned up doesnt work so well with 1 tone knob. So TS if you dont hear a difference then it could be your controls.