Page 1 of 8
Who else likes them? They're one of my favorite bands, I love Mitch's screams =D
they are the kind of band that has good songs, but not good albums. because listening to the whole album would be too boring and you'd also realise most of their songs sound the same. but i like no pity for a coward and destruction of a statue. the rest arent that great.
Quote by recklessnick
they are the kind of band that has good songs, but not good albums. because listening to the whole album would be too boring and you'd also realise most of their songs sound the same.

+1
Absolutely love them though. There's already a thread on em, search!
Idk. Their stuff seems sort of same-y to me.

No Pity For a Coward has a great ending though.
I think signatures are lame.

(Not really. I just don't have nice things to put here like you all do. )
Most of their stuff sounds the same blah blah blah.

Love them. No Pity, Bludgeoned, Unanswered, and Statue are the best. Even though a lot of their stuff sounds similar, most of their songs have a good hook to them.

I blame the guitars for the simillar songs. Basicaly same riff for each one, but it's Mitch that everyone loves about them.

And Mitch's bird-head bang thing is so freakin cool.
CALIBRATE THE VIRUS

lolwut?
im not a big fan tbh
theyre kind of the same as alot of bands out there at the moment
BEAT IT, BUT NOT IN FRONT OF CHILDREN YOU DIRTY C***!-Mel Gimpsuit
they're a bad impersonation of death metal made marketable to the hot topic crowd. i extremely dislike this band, there's nothing edgy or unique about them... they're just marketed to the kids who try and listen to music that's as "BR00TAL" as possible. if you listen to this band, please stop because you support ****ty music.
^ that
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Punkrocker94
In your opinion.^

I love Suicide Silence, Bludgeoned To Death is so sick to play.

no, its not an opinion, its true. you people just dont get it. lol.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Punkrocker94
In your opinion.

Of course its his opinion? He didn't quote anybody so its no like its someone else's opinion, and he didn't reference any external source so its not like he was claiming its a fact. So the only logical deduction is that... its his opinion?

I've noticed the people like to say "well thats just your opinion" when someone makes a negative comment, as though just because its not positive... its not valid? He's got a good point.

Saying something as narrows as "if you listen to this band, please stop because you support ****ty music" was asinine, though.
you see the difference though, is that suicide silence is exactly that. its watered down metal for kids who can't get into metal but still want to be cool, and mosh and stuff like that. it isnt a matter of opinion, and if you like it, you support ****ty music, for the kids who care about the image and how hard they can mosh more than the music, which isnt what music is supposed to be.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
i know theyre reasonably generic, but compare them to most of the other bands in their genre, theyre really quite good.
Quote by Aveks
I've noticed the people like to say "well thats just your opinion" when someone makes a negative comment, as though just because its not positive... its not valid? He's got a good point.

Good point well made. It seems to be if someone makes a criticism that's not just aimed at the band but also references the fans too. Which in a way is fair because let's be honest, you can't ever accurately make assumptions about every fan of one band. But I do agree, people seem to get offended and rather than continue the debate, just tep back out of it and pretend they haven't heard your particular criticism. It's just like burying your head in the sand.
Yeah, one of my friends the other day told me he liked them because they're unique. There is nothing unique about them. Not only were bands writing better Death Metal than this a decade ago, it's also stagnant from a modern perspective too. Don't get me wrong; I feel the same way about them as I feel with alot of heavy stuff, mostly extreme, slam type stuff. In short doses they can be very powerful, but musically its so damn uninteresting.
Quote by pmeg568c
you see the difference though, is that suicide silence is exactly that. its watered down metal for kids who can't get into metal but still want to be cool, and mosh and stuff like that. it isnt a matter of opinion, and if you like it, you support ****ty music, for the kids who care about the image and how hard they can mosh more than the music, which isnt what music is supposed to be.

I listen to plenty of metal, but I still love Suicide Silence. When you listen to any Nile or Opeth or Behemoth and compare it to Suicide Silence, sure it's more unique, and you could say better, but when you listen to No Pity for a Coward, there's just something about it that makes it more fun to listen to. You can get into it more. I don't know how to put it, but as generic, unoriginal, and repetitive as it is, it's fun to listen to. And that's why I listen to it. Hell, thats why I listen to MUSIC. Who would want to listen to music they don't enjoy listening to?
Amon Amarth?
Who exactly are you speaking of?
Facebook.com/Notafluke
lol
Annotations of an autopsy
haha. thats why i refrain from using initials.
actually, after a few listens, no coward for a pity is a pretty decent song
Quote by saxaxe
I listen to plenty of metal, but I still love Suicide Silence. When you listen to any Nile or Opeth or Behemoth and compare it to Suicide Silence, sure it's more unique, and you could say better, but when you listen to No Pity for a Coward, there's just something about it that makes it more fun to listen to. You can get into it more. I don't know how to put it, but as generic, unoriginal, and repetitive as it is, it's fun to listen to. And that's why I listen to it. Hell, thats why I listen to MUSIC. Who would want to listen to music they don't enjoy listening to?

Couldn't have said it better myself.
We have almost identical tastes
Whenever I listen to music like this, I always get the feeling that this is just a fad.
Who dat?
Quote by zigz407
Oh, okay then.

actually i should have put A of an A LOL
Decent, yet every song sounds the same.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

Quote by recklessnick
haha. thats why i refrain from using initials.
actually, after a few listens, no coward for a pity is a pretty decent song

No coward for a pity..

No pity for a coward
is really the only song i can listen to by them.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by 'StoleN'
No coward for a pity..

No pity for a coward
is really the only song i can listen to by them.

hahahahahaha omg, im sorry. that was a pure typo.
Quote by saxaxe
o_O
what? They sound COMPLETELY different than that band.

This.
Quote by ch715dallat
Necrophagist how could all you n00bs forget the best german metalcore band ever. i think theyre tech metalcore tho or sumfin
Quote by saxaxe
o_O
what? They sound COMPLETELY different than that band.

maybe so ...but its all "br00t41"xcore at the moment
agree'd lol i hate it , and what i hate is now all hardcore bands are being put with Br00t4l bands to get more people to go to shows , so its just gunna be a bunch of kids stould there with fringes with there arms crossed to afraid to move incase they mess there hair up listening to a band that sound like there being gutted alive :P

im all for technical metalcore and mathcore but all this bree bree bull**** is terrible and the next big thing will be in , in 6 months
Passion Before Fashion

---------------------------------------------------------
Ibanez S470DQXM
Amp Fund 0/300
----------------------------------------------------------
Quote by Punkrocker94

I love Suicide Silence, Bludgeoned To Death is so sick to play.

Playing a Dropped A power chord over and over again is fun to play?
Anyways, I like No Pity, but thats about it
Quote by Kastrator
Playing a Dropped A power chord over and over again is fun to play?
Anyways, I like No Pity, but thats about it

ferr real son.
Quote by ch715dallat
can someone put the lyrics for Unanswered on here, my computer wont let me view any lyric sites for some reason.
Message me if you want a Band Logo.

<('.'< <( '.' )> (>'.')>

I also do cover art and shirt designs, I can also print the shirts and send them to you for some $$$.