ok for my birthday my parents told me they would get me a new amp, now i am stumped. The line 6 spider thing http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Line-6-Spider-III-15-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier?sku=482276 or the cube http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Cube-20X-Guitar-Combo-Amplifier-487031-i1169243.gc and i mostly play rock to metal so which would be best for me?
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
Go for the Roland Cube 30,its your best bet.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
The Roland Cube line (every single Roland cube, all of em) has several different channels with distortion powerful nough to play hard rock and heavy metal. I own one and I was surprised at first wat sounds I could get out of it. Also, consider that the cube is built like a ****in tank. That thing won't break. The only way you'd ever have to repair it if somethin shorted out inside. But that ain't gonna happen for ten years at the least. The Line 6 will prolly need repairs in seven years. Also, consider that the cube has several effects built in. You won't need to buy pedals. You may wish to, but you won't NEED them. So, you'll save money there, as well.
Roland Cubes are really great for the money you pay.

Plus, you'll save money since it has built in effects and won't break unless you try to - and even then, it'll take some effort.
Quote by Martindecorum
go the line 6, as long as u dont by bigger amplifiers in line 6, there really good practice amps even thoguh i dislike em

That's right, only the Cubes are better.

So go for the cube
Line 6 pros:
You can get alot of sounds out of them. Good sounds? That is up to you. I have owned one and it sounded to digital to me, but hey, that's digital amp modeling (sp?) for you.
Buttload of effects.
Cons:
It's a spider.

Cube Pros:
Really good tone for a modeling (sp?) amp.
Will last longer than the spider.
Better amp models.

Cons:
Not as many efects (sp? my spelling sucks today) as the spider.

I would get the cube.
Follow me on twitter and junk @GodDammitZack
This shouldn't even be a question... It should be common sense: go for the cube.

The Line 6 can't even be considered competition for the Roland Cube.

And much more than a personal opinion (which, in fact, it is), this is a general agreement.

[]
Guitars:
Jackson WRXT + EMG 81/85
Les Paul
Ibanez SZ320
Amps:
Peavey Valveking 112
Roland Cube 30X
Effects:
Dunlop Cry-baby
Danelectro Cool Cat Transparent Overdrive
Synthetizer:
Roland EXR-5
Hey Metallist,

The spider has many more effects. I gaurentee it. I have a spider so thats what i would reccomend. Just go try both of them out man.
Quote by Me@UGC

The Line 6 can't even be considered competition for the Roland Cube.

[]

Pretty much says it all.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey 5150
Vader Cabinet 4x12
Roland Cube 30X
Line 6 Toneport UX1
Morley Bad Horsie II

Quote by SloppyJoseph
Hey Metallist,

The spider has many more effects. I gaurentee it. I have a spider so thats what i would reccomend. Just go try both of them out man.

but with its effects, it makes the spider sound WAY to artificial just my op
more effects, like distortion? or something
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
im new to effects(besides distortion) and what is flange?
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
im guessing but i think the line 6 effects list is flange, phase, chorus and delay

just picture flange is like recording two guitars and slowing one down just a bit

and phase sort of flips the wave form making it sway
Quote by SloppyJoseph
Hey Metallist,

...umm, no. It doesn't have "many more effects".

Let's see what the Spider has: Phaser, Chorus/Flanger, Tremolo, Sweep Echo, Tape Echo, and Reverb

And what does the Cube have? Chorus, Phaser, Flanger, Tremolo, Delay and Reverb. The only difference is that the Spider has 2 different delays. I don't consider that "many more".
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
ok no question about it im getting the cube
ESP LTD V-100
Fender M-80 Chorus
Quote by Striped_Monkey5
Line 6 pros:
You can get alot of sounds out of them. Good sounds? That is up to you. I have owned one and it sounded to digital to me, but hey, that's digital amp modeling (sp?) for you.
Buttload of effects.
Cons:
It's a spider.

Cube Pros:
Really good tone for a modeling (sp?) amp.
Will last longer than the spider.
Better amp models.

Cons:
Not as many efects (sp? my spelling sucks today) as the spider.

I would get the cube.

im stuck in this decision to can anyone help me i like them both but i usually play metal and line 6 is best for metal and does anybody know if the cube has enough distortion for metal cause i heard u cant even use pedals with that amp-thnx
Quote by Disturbedx91x
im stuck in this decision to can anyone help me i like them both but i usually play metal and line 6 is best for metal and does anybody know if the cube has enough distortion for metal cause i heard u cant even use pedals with that amp-thnx

The Cube has enough distortion for metal. The Cube is better than the Spider. You can't use pedals with the Spider either.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
Yeah, teh spider est el nada.
Member of the Bugera Users Militia

Quote by JagerSlushy
Go with Ibanez...Or if you're going high-end, get a Jackson.
Give the Valvetronix a try too.

But don't get a spider.
Quote by Disturbedx91x
i usually play metal and line 6 is best for metal

lol.

go with the cube.
Cube

line 6 = way more digital sounding.. cube is much better imo.. I actually like the cube's sound over pretty much every multi-effects pedal as well.. at least the cheaper 200 dollar and less ones.
great practice amp.

also, other then distortion, pedals work fine with it.
Roland Cube, I got a Line 6 Spider III as my first amp, and even without playing on many other amps, I knew it sounded awful. With any distortion from that, any chords sound so terrible, even power chords.

So I wouldn't get the amp that can even make power chords sound bad!
Peavey 5150 combo
1989 Ibanez RG750
MXR 10 Band EQ
Dean MLX
Spider III 15W
Yamaha FG700S

GAS list:
TC Nova Repeater
Quote by CQBer
im new to effects(besides distortion) and what is flange?

wwwwwwweeeeeaaaaaaaaaauuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaaeeeewwwwwwww.
wwwwwwweeeeeaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuunnnnnnnuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaeeeeeeewwwwwww.