The knobs on this amp are all starting to crack. Not from me dropping it or stuff running into it. The knobs are simply breaking off from the high pressure when I crank it. So far the Reverb, Master Volume and Presence knob have one at a time cracked in front of my eyes.

And it is very very frustrating. Has any other Valve player noticed this problem? Or did I get a bad model.
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Quote by HH_Emo_666
i was planning on getting one of these because i have a Spider-III 120W amp

*Slow-clap*
Why don't you turn the ****in volume down? Playin loud, it is said, is often a substitute for playin good. Turn it down, hear wat your playin (not jus the distortion), and your knobs won't crack.
well dont get me wrong. i love my spider-III. I just want something bigger. Every time I go to Guitar Center they say that they always sell out of them quickly. Next time I go I'll ask if anyone had any problems with any of them.
Quote by Metallist65
Why don't you turn the ****in volume down? Playin loud, it is said, is often a substitute for playin good. Turn it down, hear wat your playin (not jus the distortion), and your knobs won't crack.

Ok, lets hear me turn down at a show? STFU. You cant turn down when your playing with a full band.

I will replace them, its just retarded. You shouldnt have to.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
I would, lol

So I'm being facetious, and I'm sure you were sarcastic. Line 6 gear always seems to have reliability issues, and usually turns out to be an expensive doorstop or giant paper weight.....
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
Last edited by Bloodshed at May 29, 2008,
I didn't have any reliability issues with my Spider, but I sold to build up my Krank Rev Jr. fund.
Quote by Tackleberry
Who would think line6 would use substandard parts in their amps.

Line 6 has really good gear.. They made the Spider's badly that's all.
turn it down.
SS amps sound like curd at high volumes. and its not worth spending for parts when it comes to these amps. This problem shows their quality in the first place...

Go with a new amp...

if you MUST get parts, go with metal knobs instead of plastic. there are ones that have a set screw at the side that you can use for just about any amp...
Last edited by moody07747 at May 29, 2008,
Yea but Im sure line6 is going to use the many of the same parts on all their amps. And cheap knobs in bulk is a way to make a little extra profit.
Quote by moody07747
turn it down.
SS amps sound like curd at high volumes. and its not worth spending for parts when it comes to these amps. This problem shows their quality in the first place...

Go with a new amp...

if you MUST get parts, go with metal knobs instead of plastic. there are ones that have a set screw at the side that you can use for just about any amp...

do you really know which amp you're talking about here? Did you just read the word "spider" then make that reply? and he gigs with it, so turning it down isn't an option.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Another reason not to buy a spider. I wasn't really impressed with the Valve. BUT, I suggest going with cheap, **** knobs to hold you over until you get a better amp. Or you could buy good ones and sell it. BTW Emo, spiders suck. I can't believe you have been here for three years and not gotten the drift.
Quote by Untitled001
Line 6 has really good gear.. They made the Spider's badly that's all.

the 4 series effects, although they sound great are notorious for issues, like parts crapping out, even under bedroom use. This is why I havent purchased a DL4 and will instead go for the Boss DD20. I can't justify spending $250 on a pedal that will crap out as soon as warranty is up.

The PODs and Tone Core pedals seem to have random stuff crap out too for some odd reason. I dunno, sounds like substandard parts to me.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

Tap Tempo Tap Dancer of τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

MINION of the"I drive a stick cause I'm better than you!!" Club

PM TehNez or IbanezPlayer27 to join.

EHX Users Guild. Bugera Users Militia
The MXR Lounge
im pretty sure my spider dosnt suck? i would have said it does. and besides were not talking about a spider, its a valve numbnuts. I just said that I had no problems with mine
i did notice some difference between the value and my spider 3 but sadly not big enough for me to buy one, maybe its just me.
For an 800 dollar amp, that is appalling.
Even if it is a relatively new line, something like knobs cracking shouldn't be expected.

Okay UG! Expect the spider valve hate to rise to a pulp!

Quote by HH_Emo_666
im pretty sure my spider dosnt suck? i would have said it does. and besides were not talking about a spider, its a valve numbnuts. I just said that I had no problems with mine

Honestly, they still suck. The spider valve is nothing but a spider with a valve power section. It still sounds digital.
Signatures are overrated.
I love some of the tones it has, honestly I do. Yet all the really heavy metal-core tones are just too loose. The cleans, mild distortion, and effects are incredible. I just hate the real metal tone. Really wish I had got the Valveking instead. The knobs breaking really pissed me off.

Quote by Moe.

Honestly, they still suck. The spider valve is nothing but a spider with a valve power section. It still sounds digital.

The power section does give it a lot of richness. But it fails when you try to overdrive. It crunches really nice though.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470