I've decided to get some new pickups for my Agile. I'm definetly going for a Warpig Bareknuckle in the bridge to allow me to be a metal master :P. I'd like a very, very, very clean pickup in the neck though, as that will allow me to play the other genres of music that I like as well, ie: blues, jazz, country, etc.

Now I'm not really biased against brands, so jsut reccomend away, though I do prefer lesser known brands for this kinda stuff as they tend to be a bit more bang for the buck, so to speak.

Thanks in advance friends. :P
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
I'd recommend getting 2 custom pickups from www.highorderpickups.com. Fully custom hand-wound pickups for around the same price as your off the shelf name brand pickup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
i've been preaching seymour duncan pickups for quite a while.
i'd go for SD SH-2n Jazz for the neck.

try DiMarzio's Air Norton.
To be honest you can't go wrong with any of the Dimarzio range for a really nice clean tone - downside is these are probably one of the more expensive pickup brands - however your money tends to be well spent!
If you want glassy clean then the Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
If you want glassy clean then the Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

I think Mr. Seagull here has the win again. Stop being so damn useful and good you bastard, it makes it harder for everyone else.
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by CrushedCan
I think Mr. Seagull here has the win again. Stop being so damn useful and good you bastard, it makes it harder for everyone else.

The HfH is the same price as a custom hand-wound High Order pickup...
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Except the hand made ones take about 8 weeks to make/ship, will cost more cause i will ahve to have them shipped in as opposed to getting them at a store, and have more output than HfH.

Not saying that your opinion is bad or anything man, I actually really appreciate it as I'm considering getting those for some project stuff I plan on doing, but for this axe I'm going to get an HfH and a Warpig.

Thanks guys.
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by forsaknazrael
I wouldn't go for a BKP....They'd mad expensive for you, sir. 200 dollars for ONE pickup?? That's crazy.

Yeah that was an issue for me, but I want a really high output pup that can do my chunkity chunk chunk and high gain related stuff. I'm looking at alternatives at the moment, and this seems to be the highest output passive pup I can find.

It's either going to be this one, or just gonna settle wtih a jazzbucker or something...I'm 100 % sure on the bridge yet, but I'm pretty settled for the HfH for the neck.
Blackstar HT-5

Quote by CrushedCan
Yeah that was an issue for me, but I want a really high output pup that can do my chunkity chunk chunk and high gain related stuff. I'm looking at alternatives at the moment, and this seems to be the highest output passive pup I can find.

It's either going to be this one, or just gonna settle wtih a jazzbucker or something...I'm 100 % sure on the bridge yet, but I'm pretty settled for the HfH for the neck.

Well, you don't REALLY need high output pickups for that. Lamb of God do well with their vintage output Seymour Duncan SH-1 '59's...

Have you checked out the Dimarzio Breed?
Werd. Which ones? There's so many Dimarzio ones that seem geared for metal type stuff...

Oh man, so many pickups. xD
Blackstar HT-5

actually im not sure if anyone mentioned this but
the Seymour Duncan Invader on the neck has some really good blues tones

it happens to be cheaper than a lot of the pickups listed.
its price doesnt take away from its tone..
Consider a P90 in the neck perhaps? Dunno if they make them to fit humbucker spaces, but someone probably does.
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's probably one of the worst pieces of advice you could take.

Haha really, an Invader mainly for cleans? Really?

I'd say either a Duncan '59 or Jazz as mentioned before, I love my '59 in my Explorer.
Quote by forsaknazrael
That's probably one of the worst pieces of advice you could take.

and you definitely dont own an Invader.

and just to sort of boost my moral lol
to prove that price doesnt take away from tone.

example 1
rockfield pickups are 50$ but somehow they get placed on high end guitars all around.

example 2
Bill Lawrence L500XL hot rails are 60$ and dimebags tone cowboys from hell was ****in ballsy as hell. the seymour duncan dimebuckers are the same thing and theyre nearly 100$
Quote by Remonster
Haha really, an Invader mainly for cleans? Really?

I'd say either a Duncan '59 or Jazz as mentioned before, I love my '59 in my Explorer.

i didnt actually say i used an Invader mainly for cleans
i said it had good blues tones
sometimes i will pick up an overdrive pedal, plug in, flip it to my invader and ill play some bluesy sounding stuff.
now i do agree that a Duncan '59 and Jazz pickups are better for these tones and it was my mistake for not realizing that those two were cheaper than the invader.

i was just giving an opinion based on what i had experience with.
Quote by shmooty
Consider a P90 in the neck perhaps? Dunno if they make them to fit humbucker spaces, but someone probably does.

GFS pickups makes some nice ones for <$40, seymour duncan makes ones for around $70-80, and some other companies make some. I will be getting one of the GFS ones soon.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
Quote by CFHguitar
and you definitely dont own an Invader.

and just to sort of boost my moral lol
to prove that price doesnt take away from tone.

example 1
rockfield pickups are 50$ but somehow they get placed on high end guitars all around.

example 2
Bill Lawrence L500XL hot rails are 60$ and dimebags tone cowboys from hell was ****in ballsy as hell. the seymour duncan dimebuckers are the same thing and theyre nearly 100$

I don't own an Invader because they're ****ty.

You obviously don't know good blues tone. I never mentioned anything about price mattering, sir. If you notice, my earlier posts are an effort to keep him from spending money.
Duncan Jazz. Super articulate and warm. love it.

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster