For those who follow my old threads I am still new to guitar and I pulled the trigger on my first electric & amp.. I love it so far, I played about 50 of them in the store before buying this one, very nice quality and finish. what do you guys think?

Godin Freeway Classic Blue

Crate 15w Amp
Certainly looks like a good guitar.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Well, not too familar with Godins. But I'd say it's nice guitar. Hell, I had a lot more basic one for my first guitar, a Fender Squier Bullet. One pickup and a volume knob. (Still have it, great guitar.)

The amp, I don't know. I don't like Crates. They don't sound like I want my amp to sound. But if you decide you don't like it, then you can always get a new amp. After all, this is your first electric. On the whole tho, since Crates are solidstate, they are ok. (Tho I prefer tube amps.)
Anyway, have fun and good luck.
Nice finish.
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
that'll do pig, that'll do...

(no offense on the pig statement, it was just a really appropriate time to use that quote )
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
ive never heard of a godin guitar but i must say its certainly quite a looker.
Quote by ValoRhoads
that'll do pig, that'll do...

(no offense on the pig statement, it was just a really appropriate time to use that quote )

considering its Donkey i dub the EPIC FAIL. Not bad. Hope you enjoy it.
I really like the guitar, I would swap out the amp for a MicroCube or Vox DA5 for a fe simple reasons.

1) More options, metal, clean, etc etc.
2) Even more options, phaser, flanger, chorus.
3) They are portable, so if you wanna jam with someone else who plays a softer instrument (see: most things besides drums.) you can just take it with you and pop in some batteries.

Anyways, enjoy your electric mate, hope you have fun.
Blackstar HT-5

Agile AL-2000 with Chrome Hardware
Thanks for the feedback on the amp, it wasn't expensive and its a nice starter for me, and I am so new the options you mention mean nothing to me now. It does have a clean/overdrive switch for distortion by the way. It is a blast to play
Quote by RichieKotzen

No, that was a quote from the movie "Babe". You fail to the 2nd power.

Anyhoo, not acquainted with Godin, but kudos, looks bitchin'

And I'd do what CrushedCan said. The Microcube can be incredibly practical.
I have that same amp, I don't have any complaints with it.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Acoustic-Electric CD140SCE
That guitar looks REALLY nice! Looks almost like something Manson would make! You could just do with a in-built Fuzz Factory then you'd be away!

Congrats on the guitar! How much did it cost you?
h/s/h pickups- best choice for a first guitar, hands down.
"A guitar is the human soul, speaking with just six strings..."- Eddie Lee

Irvine Kinneas of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM me, Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!
I think it's nice man, wish I had that as a starter guitar, my started was from a pawn shop, the damn pick-ups were falling out and ****. *sigh* Ohh, but I still love that thing, though I sold it haha.
Quote by Metallist65
On the whole tho, since Crates are solidstate, they are ok. (Tho I prefer tube amps.)

Crate don't just make SS amps, they make tube amps also.

On topic though that is a damn good starter kit you got there Slipstream_mike and lets hope this is just a beginning of many more guitars and amps and various other goodies to come
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
Swap the amp. Beginner crate amps are crap. At least mine is
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
Godin guitars are made in Canada, are bitchin for the price and such. ****ing awesome guitar for a starter! Very nice man!
For those who asked me, the guitar was about $550 and amp was $100. Yes I know the amp is cheap and in the future I will upgrade. I don't know enough about amps to really know what I need. All I know is this Godin feels so sweet to me and is easy to play and look hot. So I went for it.
Quote by RichieKotzen

its from the film BABE retard

check your sources

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb