ladies and Gents,

I am by no means the greatest guitar player to walk the earth, so please excuse for the lame question , but I've been looking on the net, and I can't find an answer.

I'd like someone to explain to me the theory behind, 'stepping' from one chord to another. In Particular stepping from C to G. If you could show, or give details of where to place my fingers that would be great.

Hope someone can help.

Thanking you in advance

Kind Regards.

HotWar.
Move your fingers...to the music forums. You'll find more help over there.

(Basically it's all practice, find diagrams of where to put your fingers to form the chords, and practice stepping between them all, you'll get it eventually!)
Last edited by Mazzakazza at May 29, 2008,
C major scale
C D E F G A B C(octave)
chord construction for major scale
maj-min-min-maj-maj-min-dimished-maj(octave)
primary chords = chords from 1st note in major scale, 4th note and 5th note
Primary chords make up the bulk of chord progressions in music, Ie, with C major, the C maj chord, F maj chord and G maj chord
If you look at the notes that comprise the C maj chord it is C E G C(octave)
Now G maj is G B D G
This step from G to C is very important as it bring about a feeling of resolution to a progression, this specific 'step' that involves the chord built from the 5th note of a scale back to the root or 1st note of a scale is called a 'perfect cadance'
The theory behind the perfect cadance is that the notes B and D from the G maj chord 'pull' towards the C and E of the C maj (if you didnt notice the G is in both)

Aside from that your question is rather vague as i dont know what exactly you want me to tell you about, and please there are other forums concerning music theory
gees that really gonna help
he doesnt know how to move from one chord to another and u drop a theory bomb on him
nice
Hey Guy
You have to experiment yourself and find whichever way is easiest and fastest for you to switch through them. It's just practice is all.