Ok so i've started writing in sheet music and stuff...no need for u to know details. Either way i would like a program that i digitalize my sheet music in i.e. put in the notes, time signature, key signature, add accidentals to the piece, and note values. Any know of good software like this?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
I use finale. Sibelius is also well liked. Either of those work well for composing; if you want to actually arrange or set a work use lilypond (not at all good for composing in, but generates incredible scores).
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
sweet...also are these expensive programs really worth the money?
Guitars:
Ibanez EW30ASERLG
Jackson Performer PS4 (soon to be sold)
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR
Orpheus Valley Fiesta FC
Gear:
POD X3 Live
Boss ME-20
Marshall MG15DFX
M-Audio Fastrack Ultra
Boss DR660
Quote by aaron00lee
sweet...also are these expensive programs really worth the money?

depends, they're better if you need feedback on what your music sounds like. that said, i've yet to find a good program to produce proffesional looking scores like the ones you buy from the shops
I use Sibelius, and i paid for it too. *nods* I didn't download it off a torrent, that's naughty.
Quote by Def
depends, they're better if you need feedback on what your music sounds like. that said, i've yet to find a good program to produce proffesional looking scores like the ones you buy from the shops
Most published scores in the last 10 years are so are done with Finale... Sibelius is really common for self-publishing or inside publishing (orchestral scores, for instance, when you need a lot of copies to just hand out, but aren't really 'publishing').

Lilypond is better than both of them, and it's free. If you need a score to look as best as you can get with a computer, that's what you want to use. Nobody does hand setting any more, which is why all of the old scores look really really ****ing nice, and all of the new ones look like they were printed with a laser printer. Lilypond focuses on the typesetting, and not the composition, and comes really really close to what a master typesetter would do by hand.

Master typesetters still exist, but they're incredibly hard to find, and they're in demand. They're expensive, and often they'll just turn down projects for no reason other than they don't feel like doing it... but yeah, it looks better than anything you'll see a computer do.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club