Okay, so I've been playing for about 5 years, but it has all been tabs... I mean I can shred to Bodom, And Symphony X, but I don't know any theory at all... and I wanna learn just guitar theory for right now. So any good books out there that I can teach myself with? I bought a couple but they are horrid at explaining.
Music Theory for Guitarists: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask by Tom Kolb is pretty good.

You might consider taking a few lessons to get you started on theory as the concepts are easy to remember, but can be difficult to use.
Last edited by Wasted Resource at May 29, 2008,
Hmmm, I'll check them out thanks, also if anyone can help me out on here with like extremely basic guitar theory... that would be excellent. This is probably most definately the wrong place to be posting that.
Quote by VvLOGiKvV
I was thinking about picking this up for myself.

is this worth the money?
Also, I've been finding that a lot of these books have the instructional DvD's, Do any of those have the DvD's as I do not need to spend 34 bucks on a book, when I can just torrent those videos.
Before you go out and buy anything, read through these:

http://ultimate-guitar.com/columns/general_music/the_crusade_part_i.html

I'm only on part 7 and already feel like I've been learning theory for months. The first part ^ is just an intro, but it tells you what you'll be learning.
On the eight day we spoke back...

let there be sound.
Last edited by Billyjson at May 31, 2008,