Seymour Duncan website recommended to use 250K pot to 'smoothen out' the high of the SH-4 JB. Can someone explain for me about this? Is 500K pot more trebly than 250K or something?
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Yes 500s are more trebly than 250s. Single coils have more treble so 250s are use many times to warm them up. And humbuckers have less treble so 500s are used to brighten them up.
What about the tonal range? My 500K pots are giving me almost only 2 tones. How do I fix this?

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Do you have the JB already? It'd probably just make sense to buy a humbucker that doesn't need to have the pot changed to sound like a humbucker.

Quote by hminh87
What about the tonal range? My 500K pots are giving me almost only 2 tones. How do I fix this?

Buy better pots.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by hminh87
Seymour Duncan website recommended to use 250K pot to 'smoothen out' the high of the SH-4 JB. Can someone explain for me about this? Is 500K pot more trebly than 250K or something?

the JB is a love/hate humbucker. it's too harsh/trebly to others while some say it's great. putting 250K pots would 'smoothen' the highs. 500K pots can increase the treble on the EQ of the humbucker. the 250k pot can cut some treble and add more bass and mid to the pickup.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Do you have the JB already? It'd probably just make sense to buy a humbucker that doesn't need to have the pot changed to sound like a humbucker.

Yepp. I have it already. Can you recommend me a good pot then? I think i will try both 500k and 250k out and see which one my ears will dig.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by Tackleberry
The caps used can make a big difference to.

Can you please explain the caps, too?
I might just buy one of each and test them all out

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

The different values let more or less treble thru. A .047 or .05 cap will let more treble thru to ground than a .022 cap will. So if its got to much treble use a .047.