Both of these songs are still being polished. You can notice the places we are still polishing because I havent put drums tracks for them yet. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks alot.
-Caleb Jones
Pardon the Insolence
Attachments:
UG songs).zip
-Gear-
Mesa Triple Rectifier---Bogner/Line6 SpiderValve---Orange PPC 4x12

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-
Alesis MidiVerb4--BBE SonicMaximizer 442--Ibanez TS9
Boss DD-3--Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Krakatowa had some cool riffs, but if got really repeatitive and boring. some of the parts are repeated too many times. Overall, it was nice, but not exactly my style. 7/10

Irony was better. I liked the solo in the beginning, and you had some great riffs. The repeating problem exists here too. It's a nice piece, but it didn't keep me interested until the end. 7.5/10
Thanks man, I appreciate it. Mind pointing me to exactly what I can do? I want to know before go record a demo of this.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Well, make everything repeat itself less. It will make the song shorter though. Other than that, I think you should add some solos on some of those riffs. Vocals will propably fix things as well.
Thats what saved us on our last song. I did give a lot of space for our vocalist and drummer. Both of them are outstanding. I'll play with it some more to see what I can do. Thanks man.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Irony: Add some bass man! I liked some of the lead parts, but to be honest nothing really caught my ear in this piece. I liked the bar 46 break down, good rhythm there. I just feel like some of the earlier riffs didn't flow well from 8th triplets into the 16ths that were palm muted. I think that the song felt empty to me from 56-63 because there was no bass to carry the low tones. Bar 66 and on to 73 had some good stuff but I didn't like the A power chord, I would have felt better hearing the G or an A#. Bar 78's drums need work, sorry bro. I didn't like the lead part there either, I don't know. You were right about this needing polishing, so for now it's a 6/10 for me. Add some bass and clean up some of those odd lead timings and I'd feel better about the song. I don't think it repeats too much, it just loses my interest because it's not very tight.

Krakatowa: I like the intro, but you have this odd habit of going out of scale for no reason. The 6h7 on G sounded ugh to me. I'll say this now, this intro sounds a lot like something I wrote once when I was in that kind phase =P I really liked Bar 13 to 14. I liked the bar 19 breakdown, it had just the right pace, and the drums weren't too bad either. I really liked the change to 3/4 timing; when the chords come in it's really powerful! I didn't like the drums in the slow part very much, they seemed too involved for the beat they were playing. The 5/4 part was a pretty nice touch, decent lead part... then it ends! 7/10 for this one, but it still needs some work!
We had band practice and a lot has changed. Hah, I'm terrible at programming the drums so I can understand that. I use Guitar Pro to simple structure and have a record of what we are writing that is why a lot of drums are missing and dont sound right. But thanks man, Irony needs a lot of work we know.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Gangsta? hahahahahah. *facepalm*
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Irony:
Cool intro. Nice harmony. Measure 14 is sick! maybe for measure 22 a harmony. as well as 23 to 26. 30 is REALLY good. pretty cool shredding. AWESOME BREAKDOWN!!! song so far is amazing. 64 is awesome. hahaha measure 70's randomness. but it sounds good! the slower part is pretty cool. i will say that a harmony over the lead would sound really good. ok and maybe it should fade out at the end.
Alright so overall really really really good song. i know i'm a harmony freak, but try to incorporate more into this song. the parts with harmonies sounded great, so thats why i think other parts would too. i kinda wish i could write stuff with the hint of epicness like you. 8/10

Krakatowa:
Woah shradical intro!!! its kinda like "you know have my attention!". ok i think i have a good idea for measure 19: when it gets slow just have your drummer go as fast as he on the double bass. just let him unleash on the pedals. that would be brutal. oh wait you kinda had that. haha my mistake. love the 3/4 part. ok that was a weird transition to the clean part. Hmm the 5/4 part sounds unfinished.
Ok this one was pretty awesome as well. I dont think its as good as irony, but its up there. i'll give it a.... 7.5/10
thanks for the crit mate!
Quote by Telestar

Krakatowa:
Woah shradical intro!!! its kinda like "you know have my attention!". ok i think i have a good idea for measure 19: when it gets slow just have your drummer go as fast as he on the double bass. just let him unleash on the pedals. that would be brutal. oh wait you kinda had that. haha my mistake. love the 3/4 part. ok that was a weird transition to the clean part. Hmm the 5/4 part sounds unfinished.
Ok this one was pretty awesome as well. I dont think its as good as irony, but its up there. i'll give it a.... 7.5/10
thanks for the crit mate!

The actual transition we have written is too tedious for me to GP5 it. Hahaha, but its there. And the 5/4 part is unfinished. But thanks a lot! Seriously glad to know I am at least on a good track with these songs.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470
Irony: You defiantly have a sick intro i love it. haha. Right afterwords is nice too but its almost a little bit to much out there still a nice lick though. Same goes for the next part but i like that even more even if it is a little everywhere. The solo is nice but you could have made it a little longer if that even was a solo i cant tell. the rest after that was pretty decent. I didn't like that blast beat you threw in there i don't know it was just to random for me. But the ending of the song was sick i loved it very nice. this song deserves an 8/10 from me =D. I'll get to the other one later since i have things to do.

Also if you could crit mine i finished that song:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=875114
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Im going to post an updated Krakatowa, but in a new thread.
-Gear-

-Pedalboard/Rackmount-

-Guitars-
Ibanez ART-100
Ibanez S-470