I am looking for a humbucker for my Sheraton that will give me a nice and clean tone. I play (non-dirty) blues and some jazz as well. Some of my favorite tones are: Gravity by John Mayer, Lenny by Stevie Ray Vaughan, Wes Montgomery, Joe Pass and other stuff like that. Basically, I want a humbucker with a nice but not flabby low end and smooth high end. Any opinions?
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Duncan Alnico II Pro?
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
I would get in touch with CorduroyEW and ask, because a lot of those tones are Single-coil orientated and the others humbuckery? Anyway he makes a pickup called a Texan 2Face which is basically 2 vintage 50s/60s single coils wired together as a humbucker, and when split they can get a very nice single coil tone, and in humbucker mode they can get bright and smooth but with a very nice bottom end too.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Well 'cleanest' humbuckers would be lowest output humbuckers. Pickup buying can be a bit of a lottery because it is very hard to find a clip of someone playing the same pickup on the same guitar through the same gear.
American Deluxe maple board Strat
Hot Rod Deluxe
Fulltone Fulldrive II mosfet
Corduroy could probably hook you up with the best choice for you. 10% discount to UGers too. Not too expensive considering they are handwound and sound great. But maybe a Duncan Jazz? Not too sure...