Hi all,

Ive finally plunged into the world of effects pedals, after years using only the effects I had on my amp, and got a BOSS distortion pedal, and overall, love it.
I got bored today and decided to read through the owner's manual, and discovered the intricate instructions for setting up the pedal every time its used. I was just wondering if it's really necessary to go through all this procedure every time I use the pedal, or is it just BOSS covering their tracks in case something does actually go wrong? After all, Ive used the pedal frequently, against the instructions for over a week and nothings broken (yet!)

Thanks for reading, Marko
Plug cables in, turn knobs, stand on pedal?

What more is there, apart from "unplug cables after use to stop battery running out".
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
What more is there, apart from "unplug cables after use to stop battery running out".

It says about the order in which to turn on your set-up (amp, pedal, plugging in the guitar etc) and about having your volume on zero on amp and pedal before plugging in. That type of thing.

Cheers, Marko
Quote by ||-MARKO-||
It says about the order in which to turn on your set-up (amp, pedal, plugging in the guitar etc) and about having your volume on zero on amp and pedal before plugging in. That type of thing.

Cheers, Marko

Blimey! I haven't read a pedal manual in ages, I had no idea they were so precious
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com