Page 1 of 2
Hey guys, I'm a singer/songwriter, and I'm looking for some inspiration as well as some nice songs to sing for friends or even girls. My style is folk/acoustic/emo for singing, but that's about as far as my versatility goes haha. Stuff like Jason reeves or Joe Brooks is my style, but I can't really play any of their songs, only a few, due to horrible tabs.

Any suggestions?
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

Try Dallas Green stuff.......he does acoustical/folk stuff
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
I cum blood
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
I cum blood

That's honestly never funny.
But sarcasm noted.
Quote by buddha
isnt there a law against not shaving? thats somewere in our constitution. i think it goes something like a girl maybe be a freak in the sheets but no be wild down stairs is treason and for that she will be beheaded.-good old Benjamin F.

For friends, Tenacious D.

For girls, Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's.
Unintended by Muse

Emotion = true music

Gear

Vantage 718dt-1
Epi Special II
Crate V Series 212 18w
Fuzz Factory
MXR Phase 90
Flight of the Conchords - If you're into it
Why can’t a heterosexual guy tell a heterosexual guy that he thinks his booty is fly?

Quote by Curious Jeff
These posts are too long. Just do some drugs
Quote by metaldud536

TS, expand your style. Play The Burden is mine..alone by Green Carnation.

It's kinda hard to play that at the same time I'm singing.
I could look up chords for it, but even then I'm looking for more love songs.
Im not looking at expanding my style right now, just looking for something specific, once I get bored with things I'll do it.

Keep in mind I play Death Metal but I also want to sing a little on the side for fun.
Quote by buddha

Quote by shakin'cakes
It's kinda hard to play that at the same time I'm singing.
I could look up chords for it, but even then I'm looking for more love songs.
Im not looking at expanding my style right now, just looking for something specific, once I get bored with things I'll do it.

Keep in mind I play Death Metal but I also want to sing a little on the side for fun.

I don't know any love songs. How about Kansas - Dust in the wind?
wow, record time not saying 'f*ck her gently'

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Teppe
Flight of the Conchords - If you're into it

This gets my vote, but you may need help from a deep voiced friend with a tiny piano to really pull it off lol
than pray alah and mybe one day wen yon are maried than haveing than sex with lite of.
dust in the wind - kansas
"In 10 years time we'll have all these 30-year-olds on I Love 2008 talking about how embarrassed they are to have been emos. We'll have a Tory prime minister who's a Fall Out Boy fan."
- BBC News

End This Fad, It's Gone On Far Too Long
Quote by Aramis

For girls, Hey There Delilah by the Plain White T's.

are you aware that every girl hates that song now? unless a girl requests it, don't play hey there delilah ever in your life.

Play Dashboard Confessional, Secondhand Serenade, or Jason Mraz.
or all three. girls love em.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Whenever it's acoustic the first thing to play is always Bob Dylan. Try Don't Think Twice...
ether hey there dililah
or here without you by 3 doors down
“If it seems like you are playing around and not practicing, that's when you know you really love it.”
-Jack Johnson

Quote by lattea
i'm kinda gay

Quote by angusfan16
Well damn. You caught me. I'm horribly gay.

RIP Rev
Quote by metaldud536
Unbelievable.

Nice avatar btw.

...someone really did have to say it though XD
and thank you

Quote by shakin'cakes
That's honestly never funny.
But sarcasm noted.

I know, but honestly I've seen 45768423678246847628 of this thread, and they're usually by guys like 'HI I NEAD 2 WIN OVR DIS GRL, WOT SONGS SHUD I PLAY?'
...sorry lol (that's not me saying that this is the purpose of your thread. I imagine some people just want to be sweet to a ladyfriend...anywayyyysss....)

Quote by ctb
do you?!

Yes, yes I do

Quote by wizards?
and Reva.... KICK ASS AVATAR!!!!!

Danke ^__________^
Quote by SteveHouse
Im suprised no one has said jack johnson yet. girls love that. banana pancakes is a good one. as for friends, Tenacious D or Flight of the Conchords is definitely the way to go.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I know, but honestly I've seen 45768423678246847628 of this thread, and they're usually by guys like 'HI I NEAD 2 WIN OVR DIS GRL, WOT SONGS SHUD I PLAY?'
...sorry lol (that's not me saying that this is the purpose of your thread. I imagine some people just want to be sweet to a ladyfriend...anywayyyysss....)

Hah it's okay.
And nahh I actually just enjoy love songs myself, I just thought if a girl would enjoy it then it would just be a win win. Or just anyone I care about.
Quote by buddha

Quote by shakin'cakes
Hah it's okay.
And nahh I actually just enjoy love songs myself, I just thought if a girl would enjoy it then it would just be a win win. Or just anyone I care about.

Then it's okay, you're allowed to have this thread... because... I said so? o___O
Quote by SteveHouse
Quote by wizards?
^troll?

yup
the same guy who lead us to belive that there was to be a school of rock 2
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Page 1 of 2