Ok, ever since I said that I was planning to use a Metal Muff distortion pedal to go along with my Hot Rod Deluxe, I have had many people suggest that I get a good OD pedal instead of a distortion pedal. Here's the problem, I don't know of any metal OD pedals so if anyone could suggest some that would be great. Thanks.
-Paul Reed Smith SE Custom
-Bugera 333XL 212
Last edited by DDoug at May 29, 2008,
ummm well ther's a marshall one, can't think of the name atm, but it has OD and Distortion on it, my friend has one and i like the sound of it
EDIT*
http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=Jackhammer

thats the one the jack hammer
EDIT AGAIN* sorry i actually dont like the OD the distorion sounds better but its the only one i know of
Last edited by andy331 at May 29, 2008,
i use a tubescreamer on my HRD. sounds amazing. you can even use it over the hrds drive channel and it makes the drive channel sound really good. listen to tune up in my profile to hear it in action.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I'm selling my Boss OS-2. Does both overdrive and distortion and allows to blend the two as well. Could meet both needs.
Quote by andy331
ummm well ther's a marshall one, can't think of the name atm, but it has OD and Distortion on it, my friend has one and i like the sound of it
EDIT*
http://www.marshallamps.com/product.asp?productCode=Jackhammer

thats the one the jack hammer
EDIT AGAIN* sorry i actually dont like the OD the distorion sounds better but its the only one i know of

I have the Jackammer and a Hot Rod Deluxe. I don't like it, it doesn't sound particularly good and the Distortion mode is bad compared to the Overdrive which is only mediocre. I suggest maybe a Ibanez TS808 or a Visual Sound Double Trouble which is 2 TS808 clones in one pedal. I'm getting one soon I think.
Quote by minibrowny
I have the Jackammer and a Hot Rod Deluxe. I don't like it, it doesn't sound particularly good and the Distortion mode is bad compared to the Overdrive which is only mediocre. I suggest maybe a Ibanez TS808 or a Visual Sound Double Trouble which is 2 TS808 clones in one pedal. I'm getting one soon I think.

actually yeah i ahte the distortion on it, but the OD sounds good
check out blackstar oedals. high voltage valve driven od/dist.

the guys who run it used to work at marshall and left to set up blackstar...

i have the HT-DRIVE and it rocks.
Thank you please.