Hi! I was wondering this.. I'm thinking about ordering a Carvin, but I'm not sure what all options look/feel like. I have an Ibanez RG2620, and I love the neck on that. And I really don't like it when the back of the neck is uhm.. what is it in english? :P Like gloss like. So, what is the difference between the lower options? Would be great if someone could help me out! Thanks!

Back of Neck Options

CSN - Clear Satin Finish Back Of Neck
TN - Tung Oil Satin Finish Back Of Neck
GNB - Clear Gloss Finish Back Of Neck (Standard)
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
ENGL 2 x 12" PRO Slanted E212VH
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
Tung oil is by far the smoothest/slickest.

The only downsides are that it *may* look funny based on the finish of the rest of the guitar and that it *may* have to be reapplied down the road.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
haha ok, thanks! so what colour is the tung oil then? and can you reapply it yourself? or is that something done by craftsmen?
Check out my band (epic folk/death metal) at www.amorgen.org and add us to your favorite social networks!

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010
It's clear. You can do it yourself.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ok then great! does it look different then the Clear Satin? or is it just smoother? i'm gonna give it some good thoughts ^^

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C7
Ibanez RG 2620
ENGL Powerball 2
TC Electronic G-major 2
Behringer FCB1010