Okay so I just got home from staples about 15 minutes ago and I pulled onto my street and there was a car coming the other way towards me and he let me go but just kind of stayed where he was and didn't continue up the street. Now there was one of those landscaping trucks with the back thing left open and the guys were cutting a lawn a little more up the street. I'm now in my driveway looking at this guy in the car and he keeps reversing and driving forward right in front of the landscape truck for a good 2-3 minutes and I"m like..wtf is this guy doing? Finally he gets out of his car runs (like a retard) into the landscape truck, grabs a gas can from it (looked about 5 or 6 gallons and had to be full by the way he was carrying it) and darted back into his car and peeled away..So i'm sitting in my driveway just saying what in the hell?? Did that really just happen??

People are frickin out of their minds with this gas thing. I keep reading about people stealing gas but actually witnessing it I felt like it was something out of a movie where the world is coming to an end and people are looting shops. Figured I had to share it.
American Fender Strat

Taylor 314CE

Quote by pbiggie
this guy speaks truth
Wow that's ridiculous. He shoulda syphoned it outa the dudes truck too. People these days....
With gas going over 4 bucks a gallon and wages staying the same, you can expect to see some insanity. Just you wait until it hits 8 bucks a gallon. Crime rate will go through the roof.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
That's pretty crazy. I remember seeing on the news some people stole a whole bunch of gas from a kids camp thing.

****'s getting bad and it's probably going to get worse.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
it would suck if it was for the trimmer a two stroke engine lol that would just be the best
"In the end they will know we have rocked" (Zander lee)

"Nick Grundy have a wonderful afterlife"

Quote by Izz
Get a hooker AND listen to your own music?

Quote by jake911
The pit could get more done in a hour than the police could in a week.
Quote by fob12
He wanted to get some cut grass. What's your problem?

i lol'ed
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin
My penis is quite literally trembling in fear.

FLOCKDRAW!!!!!!! EPICS!!!!!
Quote by CoreysMonster
pff you guys really need to see European gas prices. they're 4 times your prices.

You guys have an excellent public transportation system. It also helps that your countries are half the size of an average US state.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Dear America,
Your petrol prices are not even high compared to other areas at the moment.

From the rest of the world.

Quote by darkstar2466
You guys have an excellent public transportation system. It also helps that your countries are half the size of an average US state.

Actually that's true. Los Angeles is like the worst city in the world for driving and pretty much everything else.
Quote by CoreysMonster
pff you guys really need to see European gas prices. they're 4 times your prices.

arent you in the hospital due to a seizure from looking at a picture?
Quote by joehhy
i will use my lvl 90 Golduck against the evil 4chans, they will not stand a chance

Quote by Led Pepplin

thats just silly. he wasted so much gas sitting there with his car running. if he would have just stayed home, he wouldnt have needed to steal the gas.
**** the gas...
the guy probably ran out of weed(after he had hit about 76873783 joints) and he just wanted to sniff some pure gas........
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
I realize Europe pays more, but I'm pretty sure Americans make less money then in other countries.

For example my dad as a cop makes (I'm not quite sure so Ill say) 50-60 thousand a year, but a cop in the states with the same experience might make 30-40 thousand.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
Christ, stop complaining. You should see the prices here in the UK.
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by darkstar2466

oh so we don't have to pay for busses or trains? don't you think those prices are horrendous as well due to the expensive gas prices?

Quote by XXm3t@lXX
arent you in the hospital due to a seizure from looking at a picture?

i'm online on my laptop, slowly getting better
Quote by str84ever
Dear America,
Your petrol prices are not even high compared to other areas at the moment.

From the rest of the world.

Actually that's true. Los Angeles is like the worst city in the world for driving and pretty much everything else.

I disagree.
Houston, Texas is the worse place for driving and everything else.
Hell, our crime rate has exceeded L.A's!
Quote by joehhy

Quote by Led Pepplin

I was thinking the same thing the other day at a crowded gas station some person was beeping and yelling at someone else and apparently parked their car in the way to block them in, out of spite.

All I could think was, 'wow... over gas.' Its like, is that really all you are, is another scared person desperate to get more gas? I understand that its necessary to get gas in your car, but if that is going to reduce someone to a shameless criminal or shouting lunatic, what would happen if things got worse? Even if as a country we had half the resources we do now, we'd still be better off than the majority of other countries in the world. And yet we're just about ready to start open looting.
We're only strays.
Quote by CoreysMonster
oh so we don't have to pay for busses or trains? don't you think those prices are horrendous as well due to the expensive gas prices?

When i was in Germany public transport was free =P

It's not exactly true about having a good public transport system either. Belfast has awful public transport, nobody uses it due to its unreliability and general ****ness but if you like at like Freiburg it has an amazing integrated transport system.
Quote by CoreysMonster

What?
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by str84ever
When i was in Germany public transport was free =P

It's not exactly true about having a good public transport system either. Belfast has awful public transport, nobody uses it due to its unreliability and general ****ness but if you like at like Freiburg it has an amazing integrated transport system.

wtf?? no way! I pay 50 bucks a month for my bus ticket. EDIT: and that's EUROS which amounts to about 80 US dollars.

Quote by darkstar2466
What?

you were arguing that we have a very good public transport system, which is correct, but we still have to pay for them, and they have become very expensive as well due to rising gas prices
Last edited by CoreysMonster at May 29, 2008,
Quote by XXm3t@lXX
I disagree.
Houston, Texas is the worse place for driving and everything else.
Hell, our crime rate has exceeded L.A's!

Is LA's commuting time not like 3 hours average now due to uncontrolled urban sprawl?
Not to mention that its in a semi arid desert and has to import like 75% of its water cause it can't sustain itself with the amount of water currently in the area.
Quote by CoreysMonster
you were arguing that we have a very good public transport system, which is correct, but we still have to pay for them, and they have become very expensive as well due to rising gas prices

But it is still cheaper than driving a car around...
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
But it is still cheaper than driving a car around...

How much do you pay for gas monthly?
Have people lost their mind...

Yes, if they are stealing gas because its $4 a gallon - It's basically $3 a litre over here.
Quote by fridge_raider
Christ, stop complaining. You should see the prices here in the UK.

If there are two people - one of whom gets his arm chopped off, while the other gets his hand chopped off - the guy who gets his hand chopped off has a right to complain, too.
Gunpowder: FUCKING ROCKS!!!
Quote by The Madcap
[witty set-up]
Gunpowder FUCKING ROCKS!!!!!

Quote by Kensai

Gunpowder you fucking rock!!

Quote by Dirge Humani
Now I can say, with sufficient certainly, that you, Gunpowder...

FUCK ROCKS!
Quote by CoreysMonster
How much do you pay for gas monthly?

Around $120 - $150 a month, I would say.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by Gunpowder
If there are two people - one of whom gets his arm chopped off, while the other gets his hand chopped off - the guy who gets his hand chopped off has a right to complain, too.

It's more like having a finger nail chopped off to be honest.

$4 a gallon.

That's $4 for 4.5 litres.

That's 89 cents a litre.

That's about 45 pence a litre.

Over here the average price is £1.20-something a litre.
I'm so over this argument about UK vs. US gas prices... seriously. Someone needs to make a The ONLY UK vs. US thread or something, to keep all the pointless bitching from hijacking every thread that mentions gas prices, because it does. Every one.

GET OVER IT.
We're only strays.
Quote by darkstar2466

Well you know if its such a problem and costs so much just get the bus.

If you don't wanna get the bus then stop complaining.

That's the bottom line.
Quote by str84ever
Well you know if its such a problem and costs so much just get the bus.

If you don't wanna get the bus then stop complaining.

That's the bottom line.

I wasn't the one complaining. I accept the gas prices for what they are.

I live in Davis, CA. It is 120 miles away from San Jose, CA, where my parents are. Taking the train there costs $25 one way. Driving there costs $12 one way. American public transportation systems have made it so you PREFER driving over taking public transport.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466

I pay about 50 Euros for public transport, you pay 90 euros for gas. My mom pays about 250 Euros per month for gas, because it's kinda hard to do grocery shopping etc. for a family of 5 with the bus.

Sure at my age public transport is enough, but for a working adult with kids? uncomparable.

EDIT: that's almost 400 dollars my mom spends on gas alone, and we don't even drive that much over here in Germany.
Quote by redhotsexmagic
Okay so I just got home from staples about 15 minutes ago and I pulled onto my street and there was a car coming the other way towards me and he let me go but just kind of stayed where he was and didn't continue up the street. Now there was one of those landscaping trucks with the back thing left open and the guys were cutting a lawn a little more up the street. I'm now in my driveway looking at this guy in the car and he keeps reversing and driving forward right in front of the landscape truck for a good 2-3 minutes and I"m like..wtf is this guy doing? Finally he gets out of his car runs (like a retard) into the landscape truck, grabs a gas can from it (looked about 5 or 6 gallons and had to be full by the way he was carrying it) and darted back into his car and peeled away..So i'm sitting in my driveway just saying what in the hell?? Did that really just happen??

People are frickin out of their minds with this gas thing. I keep reading about people stealing gas but actually witnessing it I felt like it was something out of a movie where the world is coming to an end and people are looting shops. Figured I had to share it.

It would have been hilarious if the truck was diesel and his car was regular....would have wrecked his engine.
Quote by campbell92
Here that kids, ants love cum.

Quote by Jaymz2K
I was about to suggest this. Listen to this man, he is wise and all-knowing.
Haha, I was in Houston when the crime rate rose, it happened just after all the Katrina evacuees went to Texas. And when you look at it, gas is only high because of Wallstreet raising stock prices, which makes the gas expensive, which raises transport costs, which raises production costs, which is taken from employees to keep prices down.

And on a related note: If gas costs so much does that mean that prostitution will go down since all the Johns' won't be able to break a twenty at the gas station anymore?

Current Rig:
Ltd EC1000 deluxe
Ltd FX260
Peavey Valveking 112
Shure Super 55
Shure Pg 58
Behringer Kx1200