been lookin at this and wondering does it work on vista? it says xp only but i dont know if this was wrote before vista came out.

also is it possible to record drums on or even electric drum kit.

need something that can record demo's at home using guitars bass drums and vocals.

or can anyone recommend a cheap product that will do the same
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Epiphone Les Paul 1960's Tribute Plus
Schecter s-1
Marshall JCM900 100WATT HEAD
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Tanglewood exotic electro acoustic
Westfield Bass
It has to mic inputs so if you want to mic the drums with only two mics, then i guess you can do that. I think its mostly just meant for Guitar/Vocals/Bass. But someone here might know of a way to record drums with it
Agile Septor Elite 7-String
ESP H-1007
ESP H-1001
Peavey 5150
Mesa Boogie Cab

Recording Gear -
PreSonus FireStudio Interface
CX5 Studio Monitors
I'm not sure if it works with Vista.

If your electric drum kit does all its own processing and has a lineout, it'd work.

The UX2 doesn't have any midi inputs so it wouldn't work if you wanted to use your electric drum kit as a midi controller.

It only has 2 mic inputs, which you *could* conceivably use to record drums, but I think it'd make more sense to buy a cheap mixer for the drums and then run that into the UX2.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I used a TP with vista a few months ago...back in January and it crashed with vista 5+ times a day...Supposedly their drivers have been updated and work a little better now but I still would not get another TP...

Theres better for the price range...much better.

see this link:
http://studio-central.com/phpbb/viewforum.php?f=19&sid=bc98ff3f92a20a213ad32b6569652321

To track drums you will want something like the Firestudio Project or FP10 from PreSonus.
E-drums are nice to record, I own a set myself but the Toneports are made to DI guitar, bass, and mics mostly. The interface plays a big part when it comes to quality. The Toneports are fine for small work but if you want great sound go with something else.

BTW the Riffs & Recordings form is the proper place for recording questions.
Ill have this moved.

Its sugested that you go back to XP but sometimes you just cant...
I would like to get a Mackie Onyx Satellite myself but it doesnt work with vista just yet from what ive heard.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 29, 2008,
so if i use xp itll work fine?

also do you get all the software to record with the TP not just the audio interface thing?
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
The toneports may work on vista but XP would be better. That link I gave you has prices for interfaces and a thread on what hardware works with vista at this time.

IF you go with XP for your OS you can get the Mackie Onyx Satellite firewire interface. Its got great sound and a lot of inputs for the price. Its also around the price of the UX3 toneport which is only a 1.1 USB connection interface.

Firewire is faster and transmits more data at one time.
Yeah I wouldn't recommend using any kind of recording stuff with Vista yet. If you have the 64-Bit version, it will NOT work. I have it on my laptop and had to install XP since Line 6 (and no other recording software places as far as I know) support the 64-Bit version yet and have no drivers for it.

There's a way to get around it, but it requires too much work when I could just install XP and have it dual boot it for now, which is what I did.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I actually run vista..I dont really love it but I deal with it...
I found m-audio products to work best with vista, they are on the ball with their drivers.

I'm running an m-audio 2496 PCI interface card on my desktop and although the inputs/outputs are limited the sound and function is outstanding. I am very happy with it.

Gearbox is the driver for the Toneports, its also the amp/FX modeling software.
I thought the cleans were nice but the crunch and distortions I could not stand. I was shocked the software had such a great reputation...

In the R&R form I put a review in the stickie for the UX1 toneport when I had it.
Last edited by moody07747 at May 29, 2008,
Quote by nightwalker903
so if i use xp itll work fine?

also do you get all the software to record with the TP not just the audio interface thing?

I've been running it with XP fine.

It comes with gearbox software with a load of amps and effects to use, alternatively you can use plugins or other programs (im using a free demo of Peavey Revalver III at the moment which is giving me very good results).

The box also comes with a demo version of Ableton Live 6 which I think is limited to 4 channels but I use the full version anyway.
so if i use XP it should be fine

does anyone know anything about cubase? i used it in school but didnt get no-where near the full use outta it. are the drums that you input yourself with the mouse anygood sound wise, like could put a song together, not for sale etc just for demos?

if i was looking to record drums as well as bass guitar vocals etc would it be wise getting the tone port or just sumit like get a pod and a audio interface and run that into cubase or something similar cause im guessing all the tones on the toneport are similar to the pod?

i dont have a clue about which software is good for what but i need some recording stuff so all help is appreciated.
Gear:

Gibson lpj
Schecter s-1
Fender mustang 1
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Distortion
Westfield Bass
Ive never worked with Cubase but most programs with drums in them have drum paterns which you can loop so you dont have to work from scratch click by click.
you could use MIDI to trigger the drum samples in the software as well but you need hardware to get started with all that...