okay pit i know this should prob go in the relationship thread but i have never got an ans from anyone in there so i ask all pit monkeys...

i recently broke up with my long term girlfriend of 10 months due to differing oppinions on important stuff and the usual jazz... alos i didn't feel teh same about her anymore just grew apart... that was a two weeks ago

i like this other girl... i have done for quite a while and i am led to believe she liked me and may still... i must make it clear i did not leave my gf for this new girl

the problem arises in the fact that me and my ex are still friend althought she has been rather difficult i don't hold grudges and so will be civil... my ex hates and always has hated this other girl... i know she will be verry pissed off and be on my bac about it for a while...

so pitt should i ask the new girl out? do i owe it to my ex not to? should i wait longer or do it now? if my ex gets pissed wat do ii tell her?

thanks in advance

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

Speaking of "The Brown Album" by Primus

Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
okay pit i know this should prob go in the relationship thread

Yes, it should
Quote by nightraven
can't stand public showers
and yes i do have a small penis

Quote by thewho182
people in public showers make fun of my big dick

Quote by kyle33093
i would if pee pee was bigger

ask new girl.. screw the ex. (not literally, i doubt she would still let you)
whereas new girl might.

do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!!!!!
My red is so confident that he flashes trophies of war and
ribbons of euphoria
ask the new girl out - how your ex feels should not stop you from asking someone else out: you are no longer involved with your ex and she has no business in your love/private life.

it is your ex's problem that she doesnt get on with the other girl, it is not your responsibility.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
What the hell kind of guy are you? Just ask her out. Geez... you young people.

Put this in the relationship the next time. If someone doens't reply, quote it and ask for advice again.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
if you have drifted a part from this girl, its quite obvious that your feelings for her are questionable. Furthermore, does it really matter what your ex thinks. Do what you want, and ask the lass out.
Quote by Kensai
What the hell kind of guy are you? Just ask her out. Geez... you young people.

Put this in the relationship the next time. If someone doens't reply, quote it and ask for advice again.

i guess i just feel that after someone gives almost a year of their lives to you you owe them something donno what that is but something... i kinda posted cause i thought that might be silly of me... i guess your proves it is... yay for new girl...

i will see her tomoz night if this thread is still open i'll post how it goes!!

EDIT:: kk i'll try that in future (the quote thing)

Quote by fleajr_1412
It's not a parody. Claypool took a huge shit full of awesomeness all over the album, hence the name.

I Don' think you should ask her out. Just wait until things settle down mate. Your rushing into something new and our bodies and minds are not designed to have that quick change and it could hurt people, seriously. I broke up with my girlfriend about eight or nine months ago due to a few differring beliefs but we still loved each other and we both understood why we had to do it. Two weeks later she was with someone else. It tore me apart. I was admitted into a mental hospital for times for various different reasons.
Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
i guess i just feel that after someone gives almost a year of their lives to you you owe them something donno what that is but something...

you also gave her a year of your life.
Does anyone remember laughter?

Manuel, please try to understand before one of us DIES.

my gear:

Gibson LP Standard
Epiphone SG
Classical guitar
Peavey ValveKing 112
Marshall MG15
BOSS ME-50
Its times like this you need to ask yourself, "Is it worth it? Let me work it. Put my thang down, flip it, and reverse it."

Really though, just do it. Who cares what your ex thinks. If she whines, tell her to stop being immature.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
i guess i just feel that after someone gives almost a year of their lives to you you owe them something donno what that is but something... i kinda posted cause i thought that might be silly of me... i guess your proves it is... yay for new girl...

You don't owe her anything. You gave her 10 months of your life. I think thats enough.
Go with the new girl, you owe her a date I believe.
Quote by Crazy_x_Angel

i will see her tomoz night if this thread is still open i'll post how it goes!!

EDIT:: kk i'll try that in future (the quote thing)

BTW, you do owe her something. In theory you don't, but if you feel like you do, then you do. Listen to your gut and emotion, not The Pit. Everyone is different and treat people in different ways. They search for people of similar circumstances and beliefs and that works for them, but it might not for you and it is really worth it? Do you like her enough to hurt someone?
Quote by AngryGoldfish
BTW, you do owe her something. In theory you don't, but if you feel like you do, then you do. Listen to your gut and emotion, not The Pit. Everyone is different and treat people in different ways. They search for people of similar circumstances and beliefs and that works for them, but it might not for you and it is really worth it? Do you like her enough to hurt someone?

I do not agree that he owes her something, as stated in my previous post. If the breakup went smoothly and you made it clear that the breakup was not due to another person, then your ex shouldn't get mad. She should understand, and even if she gets hurt by it, she will become a stronger person because of it. Friendships that are strong enough should be able to withstand these kinds of issues. However if they do not, it is not the end of the world, friends are made and lost all the time.
I know what you mean, but waiting just shows respect and proves that you did cherish her when she was yours. But also that you didn't leave her for someone else. If he really likes this new girl and has no real feelings for his ex, then he should endure the few weeks of longing for the new girl. It builds up tension, it leaves room for flirting and having fun, getting to know the new one, and making sure the old lass is not hurt or feeling lonely. If she is, thats not your business anymore, but if they are friends, you wouldn't hurt her, would you? And he mentioned that they left on good terms. If she actually wants him to move on thats different.
But I do know what your saying, there over with, he should be able to do what he wants to. But I'm only saying from personal experience.
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I Don' think you should ask her out. Just wait until things settle down mate. Your rushing into something new and our bodies and minds are not designed to have that quick change and it could hurt people, seriously. I broke up with my girlfriend about eight or nine months ago due to a few differring beliefs but we still loved each other and we both understood why we had to do it. Two weeks later she was with someone else. It tore me apart. I was admitted into a mental hospital for times for various different reasons.

just some extra info for you i didn't think was important but adds some context... she's going out clubbing wit a friend tonight so she will be flirting wit getting hit on ect by guys i donno was never my scene watever happens to two girls at a club

also she will not be hurt just annoyed and angry maybe

Quote by fleajr_1412

as promissed an update for anyone who cares...
it rained and rained and rained
so only myself and a few other guys ventured out for a drink tonight... she was not there and nothing happened... oh well next time maybe

Quote by fleajr_1412

Quote by Crazy_x_Angel
okay pit i know this should prob go in the relationship thread but i have never got an ans from anyone in there so i ask all pit monkeys...

i recently broke up with my long term girlfriend of 10 months due to differing oppinions on important stuff and the usual jazz... alos i didn't feel teh same about her anymore just grew apart... that was a two weeks ago

i like this other girl... i have done for quite a while and i am led to believe she liked me and may still... i must make it clear i did not leave my gf for this new girl

the problem arises in the fact that me and my ex are still friend althought she has been rather difficult i don't hold grudges and so will be civil... my ex hates and always has hated this other girl... i know she will be verry pissed off and be on my bac about it for a while...

so pitt should i ask the new girl out? do i owe it to my ex not to? should i wait longer or do it now? if my ex gets pissed wat do ii tell her?

thanks in advance

sorry...
Quote by AngryGoldfish
I know what you mean, but waiting just shows respect and proves that you did cherish her when she was yours. But also that you didn't leave her for someone else. If he really likes this new girl and has no real feelings for his ex, then he should endure the few weeks of longing for the new girl. It builds up tension, it leaves room for flirting and having fun, getting to know the new one, and making sure the old lass is not hurt or feeling lonely. If she is, thats not your business anymore, but if they are friends, you wouldn't hurt her, would you? And he mentioned that they left on good terms. If she actually wants him to move on thats different.
But I do know what your saying, there over with, he should be able to do what he wants to. But I'm only saying from personal experience.

I was going to say the exact same thing, word for word