My band plays kind of a mixture between heavier rock to just plain rock, maybe even a little punk thrown in. So are songs can sound like Avenged and then switch straight to a more Ok Go sound. Sometimes even a more jazzy sound. So I was just wondering witch one of these two guitars, Schecter Damien FR or the Fender Standard Floyd Rose Stratocaster, would work better for my sound, or if you have any recommendations on another guitar I might want. Now personally I like the look of the Schecter Damien FR better, but I wonder if it is going to be a little too metal sounding. Plus, I wanted a whammy bar, but both of these have one anyways. So what do you think? Thanks.
well it always helps to know what amp you're playing out of
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by andy331
Get the Schecter Damien FR, I HATE strats

Care to explain why? I'm not challenging your opinion, but if you're going to say you hate something you might as well say why.

If you can afford it, get the Schecter Hellraiser FR. It's a great metal guitar, and you can coil tap the pickups so you'll be able to get the sound of a guitar with single coils. The best of both worlds.
I don't have much experience with active pickups, so I can't say anything for sure. I too don't like Fender, but I'm going to let you decide on that one. The strat doesn't look bad but idk if it is a real Floyd Rose or a licensed one. I know for sure that the FR on the Damien is licensed so it is a lot poorer in quality. It will take a good distortion pedal, but I think that the Strat and the Frontman could give you the edge you're looking for on the heavier stuff.
Sweeping is for n00bs. I've moved on to vacuuming. Eventually I'll even try steam cleaning.

Bitches don't know
Quote by CrabShrapnel
I don't have much experience with active pickups, so I can't say anything for sure. I too don't like Fender, but I'm going to let you decide on that one. The strat doesn't look bad but idk if it is a real Floyd Rose or a licensed one. I know for sure that the FR on the Damien is licensed so it is a lot poorer in quality. It will take a good distortion pedal, but I think that the Strat and the Frontman could give you the edge you're looking for on the heavier stuff.

Not all licensed floyds are bad. THe Schaller Licensed floyd costs nearly as much as an original floyd. Ibanez's Edge, Lo Pro edge,and Edge pro are all nearly as, if not as good, as an original floyd. I don't know much about Schecter, but they are a company with a good rep, and I suppose they make a good licensed trem.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Let me rephrase my question. Will the Schecter Damien FR be able to produce good non-hard rock/non-metal sounds? Will it be able to sound like Avenged and then sound like Red Hot Chili Peppers, with the right settings of course?
Strat, it's so f-ing cool
Gibson Les Paul Studio(Wine Red)
Squier Vintage Modified Tele(White)
Eastwood Sidejack(Amber)
EHX Little Big Muff Pi
Danelectro: Echo,Tremolo, Octave
Dunlop JH-1B Wah
Epiphone Valve Jr. w/ 1x12 cab
I think I'm gonna go with the Strat, it seems to be more versitile. I am going to get some EMG pickups for my Epiphone SG Special and use it for Metal/Hard Rock.
I hate strats, but tbh id pick that over the schecter. the schecter LFR is shoddy (i don't know bout the fender tho) plus the EMGs in the schecter are very poor quality. Plus i'd take an alder over a basswood body
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Fender for the win. I say get some new pickups for it-Duncan Tb5 at the bridge (trembucker version of the SH5), and a couple duncan single coils in the neck and bridge.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by danizzlesnizzle
I think I'm gonna go with the Strat, it seems to be more versitile. I am going to get some EMG pickups for my Epiphone SG Special and use it for Metal/Hard Rock.

i wouldn't bother putting emg's into your guitar with that amp.
since when was there a fender strat with a floyd rose?!
Quote by Nutman69
i think ur gonna get flamed pretty bad.

Gear:
Peavey 5150 Combo
LTD MH-1000 NT
Schecter 007 Elite
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Quote by 123-Trav
since when was there a fender strat with a floyd rose?!

since iron maiden
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by danizzlesnizzle
Let me rephrase my question. Will the Schecter Damien FR be able to produce good non-hard rock/non-metal sounds? Will it be able to sound like Avenged and then sound like Red Hot Chili Peppers, with the right settings of course?

One of my oldest friend has a Damien-6 (not FR, though) and he's able to get classic rock sounds out of it, along with some straight blues, etc. So if you have an amp and effects rig capable of some versatility, I'd say the Damien could pull non-hard rock/metal. I've heard it.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣