Well, it's summer up here in Missouri, and I'm bored as hell. So, I've decided I'm gonna customize my strat. But I've also decided I'm gonna build my own arsenal of homemade effects, pedals, and other random stuff. I was hoping that you UGers had ideas on what I should build, keep it cheap please.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Yay! im not the only bored person that lives in Missouri. But seriously who isn't bored in Missouri?
Does anybody know any good websites to get "easy" plans for making effects and things like that. I already made my own killswitch.

And everyone is bored in Missouri, Lee's Summit probably tops the list of boring cities.

▲ ▲

Haha, are you kidding me? I'm sitting here in ROLLA for 5 days.

Although, I primarily live in Chesterfield, and for that reason I love Missouri. There's always stuff to do around there...

Anyways... you could refinish and buff the fretboard and body for some aesthetically pleasing revamp, or you could even install an OFR in there.
TOO MANY PUPPIES

Soda sucks.
Quote by Firequacker
Haha, are you kidding me? I'm sitting here in ROLLA for 5 days.

Although, I primarily live in Chesterfield, and for that reason I love Missouri. There's always stuff to do around there...

Anyways... you could refinish and buff the fretboard and body for some aesthetically pleasing revamp, or you could even install an OFR in there.

he said kep it cheap ofr s are the opposite of that lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Yeah, I'm not really looking to install a new bridge or anything like that quite yet, I'm looking more for effect building, and how I can totally make a cheap, kickass strat, like with engraving, and awesome paint jobs. Ideas anyone?

▲ ▲

Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Yeah, I'm not really looking to install a new bridge or anything like that quite yet, I'm looking more for effect building, and how I can totally make a cheap, kickass strat, like with engraving, and awesome paint jobs. Ideas anyone?

What strat is it?

if the wood is nice, I would do a really awesome stain(red, blue, green, purple)

Or you could do a nice burst or solid paint job... check out the *ULTIMATE PAINTING/REFINISHING THREAD* pinned at the top for ideas.
http://www.buildyourownclone.com/ kits and PCB boards for several BYOC pedals

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/ some kits and a lot of PCB boards and instructions for commercial effects

http://www.tonepad.com/ PCB boards and instructions for commercial pedals

http://www.smallbearelec.com parts and enclosures for projects if you buy a PCB from one of the other sites

I would suggest a kit, although they can be pricey.I have built the Shin Ei Companion fuzz kit from GGG and an ESV Fuzz kit from BYOC and they both were good.
GGG also has good instructions on projects they have boards for.I bought a Foxx Tone Machine board and built it with parts from small bear last week.
I highly recommend those sites ( I havent dealed with tonepad but they seem to have a good selection of pedals).
Its very very rewarding to build your own pedals.
The strat is just one of those cheap Squires, and after I redo it cosmetically, I'm redo the electronics. Also, on those websites, do I have to put every electronic component together, or does the circuit board come pre-built?

▲ ▲

You will have to solder all the components to the board and the wire up all the jacks and switches.
look at BYOC or general guitar gadgets, they have effects kits

you could just get all the parts seperately and stick in a mint tin, i did that
lol@u
All right people, I have a Squier Strat, all sanded down, I may do some inlay, or I may do like SRV did and put a piece of wood with some type of design on it.
But I need color ideas, anything from dull black to some tye dye thing. Would stained wood on a Squire look any good? Let my guitar be all ya'lls canvas and give me you ideas.

▲ ▲